Inventory Window Filter

Discuss coding questions, pull requests, and implementation details.
Asesino

Inventory Window Filter

Post by Asesino »

hi all,
first off, getting to play Daggerfall is a dream come true, so i can't say thank you enough to all of you for your many, many hours making this a reality!!!

I did a small enhancement. I couldn't figure out if it was possible to do this as a mod, so I created a branch off of master, and made the changes there.

I created a branch from master: asesino-inventoryfilter.
I created a filter text box on the inventory page as seen here:
FilterInventory.png
FilterInventory.png (199.86 KiB) Viewed 1864 times
When you type in a filter, and click filter, it will compare your filter to the longname of the items, as well as the itemgroup name. It takes multiple filters so you can type "leather armor", and it will filter to all armor that is leather.
You can also do negatives. You can type "-leather armor", and it will show all armor that is not made of leather.
This filter works on your local inventory as well as the inventory in your wagon.
When you switch tabs, it will clear the filter.

It seems to be working, but i haven't given it a full test drive. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

thanks all
A

King of Worms

Re: Inventory Window Filter

Post by King of Worms »

Hey this looks good but I dont have any idea about branches etc, can u just make it a mod to download and test pls?

Asesino

Post by Asesino »

Hi KoW,
I tried to make it a mod, but I couldn't figure out how to accomplish it without changing the core code. I will need to see if someone with greater knowledge than me can jump on this thread to let me know how I can bundle as a mod without having to install it into the actual core engine.

PS: I really adore your work! The game truly looks fantastic with DREAM!

thanks
A

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thank you :)

Im sorry I cant help more with this :/ Id say.. try asking The Lacus, he knows a lot about modding and exporting to DFMOD package.

Or ask Interkarma if he wants it in a core as a Quality of Life enhancement.

Good luck!

Lywzc

Post by Lywzc »

I think a sort button may be more useful.