request: allow my mod to decrease TerrainDistance

Discuss coding questions, pull requests, and implementation details.
Nystul

request: allow my mod to decrease TerrainDistance

Post by Nystul »

hi interkarma!
would it be possible to allow my DistantTerrain mod to decrease StreamingWorld's TerrainDistance parameter on its startup.
I am pretty far with converting my mod.
when it is no longer part of the daggerfall-unity repository there is no longer the special handling you put in in case the checkbox for the mod is checked (since there will no longer be that checkbox and associated dependent code).

So either we request the users of the mod to decrease it manually (since the default of 3 is too much for most systems with the distant terrain present) or we allow the mod to decrease it by 1.

So if you agree to allow the mod to decrease it, there would be the need for a function/property to be called from my mod.

what do you think?

Interkarma

Re: request: allow my mod to decrease TerrainDistance

Post by Interkarma »

That's all good mate!

Don't forget we do something along these lines already in StartGameBehaviour.ApplyStartSettings(). The StreamingWorld.TerrainDistance property is reduced by 1 (down to a minimum of 1) when increased terrain distance addon is active. This can be removed once your mod is finalised.

From the mod, you should be able to do something very similar to ApplyStartSettings(). Let me know if any help needed. :)

Nystul

Re: request: allow my mod to decrease TerrainDistance

Post by Nystul »

implemented it as it was done before, thx for pointing that out to me ;)