implementation of talk window

Discuss coding questions, pull requests, and implementation details.
Nystul

Re: started implementation of talk window

Post by Nystul »

MrDowntempo wrote:I like the different foreground colors, and the SMS style indentation, but I don't like how each message has it's own tightly cropped background. I'd prefer getting rid of their own background colors but keeping all the other changes you've implemented.
would you like it more if background wouldn't be so tightly cropped (text having some extra space related to background border)?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I do prefer the text without the modified background. Perhaps there's a way to reconcile it, but for now the difference between foreground and background is too great.

MrDowntempo

Post by MrDowntempo »

Nystul wrote:
MrDowntempo wrote:I like the different foreground colors, and the SMS style indentation, but I don't like how each message has it's own tightly cropped background. I'd prefer getting rid of their own background colors but keeping all the other changes you've implemented.
would you like it more if background wouldn't be so tightly cropped (text having some extra space related to background border)?
I suppose a little, but I don't see the need to have separate background colors for the text. Makes it all a little busier than I think it needs to be.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

MrDowntempo wrote:
Nystul wrote:
I suppose a little, but I don't see the need to have separate background colors for the text. Makes it all a little busier than I think it needs to be.
well it is always a matter of preferences. I find it MUCH better to read (and I spent so much time with this that I am pretty confident) - but having more opinions is very valuable and I might go without background color as default :P

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I'd need to spend more time with it. I liked the text alignment, but the solid blocks of colour feel somehow disconnected from the display area rather than integrated with it.

My feeling is if the coloured block filled the entire width of the box, and was mostly transparent, it would feel more seamless. Maybe even just some transparency to make the block effect more subtle would do the trick for me.

MrDowntempo

Post by MrDowntempo »

Interkarma wrote:I'd need to spend more time with it. I liked the text alignment, but the solid blocks of colour feel somehow disconnected from the display area rather than integrated with it.

My feeling is if the coloured block filled the entire width of the box, and was mostly transparent, it would feel more seamless. Maybe even just some transparency to make the block effect more subtle would do the trick for me.
I think that better explains my issue with it.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

You are right guys, will listen to you

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

implemented first version of rumor mill. Still very early work in progress, but supports quest progress rumors (RumorsDuringQuest, RumorsPostsuccess, RumorsPostfailure) and quest action "rumor mill"

there are also 10 random rumors generated, but they lack macro resolving for most of them

but it is a start

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Awesome! Now I can start adding rumors :D Thanks Nystul.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

question to interkarma: is there an easy way to check if a specific static npc is the current quest's questor?
would need this for QuestorPostsuccess and QuestorPostfailure messages

and it needs to be more specific than just comparing the npc's name since this could be theoretically the same for different npcs