implementation of talk window

Discuss coding questions, pull requests, and implementation details.
Interkarma

Re: started implementation of talk window

Post by Interkarma »

Nystul wrote:npc portraits and names are now supported... see screenshots below.

@Interkarma: I proceeded the implementation of the MobilePersonNPC class you started (basically the things you marked as TODO in interconnected classes MobilePersonNPC, MobilePersonMotor, MobilePersonBillboard - MobilePersonNPC becoming the manager class) -

so you will have to review my changes when I am finished.

not too much changes but all npc related stuff like gender, race, name, portrait etc. will be in MobilePersonNPC class now and handed over to other classes - I think that was your intention anyway if I understood it right.
Good job! And yes, that was my intention. :) I just worked the NPCs in as quickly as possible to make towns feel populated, the real work on making them interactive hadn't even started yet. Happy for you to take on what you can here.

Thanks guys. :)

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Jay_H wrote:Geez, I thought we weren't gonna see this stuff until 0.5. You guys rock!
talk window implementation will be an ongoing task and parts of the conversation logic will be done step by step. My plan is to have the part with asking for locations up first.
Interkarma wrote: Good job! And yes, that was my intention. :) I just worked the NPCs in as quickly as possible to make towns feel populated, the real work on making them interactive hadn't even started yet. Happy for you to take on what you can here.

Thanks guys. :)
Well you did most of the work with the mobile npc, I just add the finishing touches so to say ;)

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

does not look like much progress but there is a lot of work in it:

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

DFU has taught me a lot about Black Triangle Moments :) Great-looking progress!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

You guys are amazing. I just shake my head in wonderment sometimes. :)

Arl

Post by Arl »

Very good Nystul, this is coming along faster than I thought it would (but what do I know anyways?).

Keep it up!
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Great progress Nystul. Very fast work.

Let me know if I can help with setting up macro provider when you get to displaying the responses. :geek:
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

your help will definitely be needed there ;)
allofich is already also digging into reverse-engineering some of the functionality - see the open pull request on github and his answers ;)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Will be happy to help when the time comes. Yep seen the discussion, nothing much to add though. WHat I do know is...

Regarding response messages, looks to me like conversations have multiple messages in the same entry. They can currently be selected using TextProvider.GetRandomTokens() but probably need to find out if classic uses a random response or there's some algorithm for selecting.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

conversation sub-window is a tricky bitch - but i am making progress eventually ;)

not sure if I like the vanilla color for the question (the light blue, not the white which is currently my test color for selections):

do you think a similar but darker yellow color would do the trick(or should we keep the blue color)?