Live info mod

Discuss coding questions, pull requests, and implementation details.
Dimillian

Live info mod

Post by Dimillian »

I'm looking into doing a QoL improvement, which in short, merge the info mod with every other mod, and make it update live.
I want to display the centred element info live. In classic you have to get into info mod, and use the activate center object button to get NPC name, buildings name, etc... Maybe I could also update the UI to put into a small tooltip, make it less obtrusive as it is now, as it'll be live. I could also add some other info, like a health bar for enemy etc...

Of course I'll do it as an option/mod, and for now it's more a test for myself than anything else. So you could trigger classic info mod vs HQ/Live info mod from the launch window.

As I understand, it would works a bit like PlayerActivate, but should fire the ray cast at every update. Of course it would be far too slow if I understand correctly the code in PlayerActivate. I'll try for fun, but any other idea or way to do it is welcome.
And what do you think of this feature?

Dimillian

Re: Live info mod

Post by Dimillian »

It looks like that: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Ooqq ... sp=sharing

Maybe this topic should be moved to Mod category.
If this is something we want to see on master as an option built in, I'll need to refactor PlayerActivate mouse check code into a helper class, so it can be accessed from both PlayerActivate and PlayerInfo (this new behaviour), as it's very similar for getting the centred object. I'll try various UI now.