Guild services

Discuss coding questions, pull requests, and implementation details.
Hazelnut

Guild services

Post by Hazelnut »

So now I've added the infrastructure for guild services, I plan to implement training and potion making. Those two because they don't need any magic systems. Obviously the potions you make will be useless until magic effects are in, but I figured I may as well get it done now.

Anyone know if there are there any data structures that define what training each guild offers?

Also, I need a classic save with a character who has access to potion making. If someone could provide that I would be very grateful.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Re: Guild services

Post by Interkarma »

This is awesome, thank you. I look forward to watching these get built out.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Hazelnut wrote:Anyone know if there are there any data structures that define what training each guild offers?
I'm useless in terms of data, but in case it can't be mined easily, it can be looked up on the UESP page for each guild. Here's the one for the Dark Brotherhood.
Hazelnut wrote:Also, I need a classic save with a character who has access to potion making. If someone could provide that I would be very grateful.
Here! :)

The only function missing is the recipes, which just means you can choose a recipe and it'll automatically load the ingredients into their positions. I have one potion but insufficient ingredients to make it. The recipe list is like any other, just a scrollable list on parchment graphic. As you find potion recipes, they automatically get added to the list, even if you later drop the recipe.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Seems a bit buggy. I bought more ingredients and a couple more recipes. I can successfully make from one of them, but the purification recipe says I've not got the ingredients but it does make ok if I mix manually except that all the rest of my ingredients vanish from inventory. I wonder if it's because of the diamonds that were in there - pretty sure this is not a legit char is it? The stats look a bit munchkin...

Anyone got a legit save where they actuall used potion maker?

I do wonder if by the time its availiable, players have enough money not to worry about buying pots so would never make any. Or whether it's just loads easier to use magic so no one ever uses pots at all in daggerfall. Kinda makes the whole ingredients thing a waste of time if so.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I did edit my skills and reputation, but the inventory items and the recipe are legit.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Interesting that you don't need to have the recipe. To implement that would need another list of things tracked on the player and saved etc. I was assuming to just check inventory/cart for recipes. I may still do it that way.

Okay thanks for the info, wonder if it's potions where you fill all slots then? I know classic is buggy, but all ingreds just vanishing is not great. I don't think I will replicate that! :-)