Winx64 #34: Can't Stand on Elevator Underwater [RESOLVED]

Krill'kern

Winx64 #34: Can't Stand on Elevator Underwater [RESOLVED]

Post by Krill'kern »

I apologize in advance if this is a known bug and I'm just bad at using the search feature :)

So, the problem is that I can't stand on top of a platfom underwater, so when I trigger the elevator I just phase through it. I don't know if it's just this particular elevator or every elevator underwater.

No mods activated, but I have activated god mode and kill all.

To replicate the bug, get on top of the elevator and activate the wheel thingy.

Thanks for your time :D
Attachments
output_log.zip
(7.99 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
SAVE4.zip
(195.74 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

Interkarma

Re: Winx64 #34: Can't Stand on Elevator Underwater

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you for the report. I can see how this would happen with the current swimming/levitation setup. It's something we can no doubt improve over time.

I'll leave this one open until then. :)

Krill'kern

Post by Krill'kern »

Okay :D

There's just one little thing though; I can't seem to be able to levitate off the water so I think I'm pretty much stuck. :shock: I've tried atc too. Is there anything I can do?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

If you can aim at a bit of ground, use the "teleport" console command to teleport wherever the crosshair is pointing. If this dumps you in the void, try using "groundme" to get back in the map. If all else fails, use "tele2exit" to get back to start.

I'll have a look at levitating out of water soon, this is a bit higher priority.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

And just another thought - you might not be able to levitate upwards out of the water as player too heavy. You might be carrying too much.

I just tried this in one my saves by dumping my armour, and I was able to levitate up out of water OK.

Unfortunately levitating/swimming are similar mechanics, and the game can't tell the difference between them in all cases. Something else to refine towards 1.0.

Krill'kern

Post by Krill'kern »

Was weight the problem? I was only carrying 16 / 90 kg.

I managed to teleport out of there though. Thank you!