Theives guild on city map not showing up X64 #28 [RESOLVED]

Midknightprince

Theives guild on city map not showing up X64 #28 [RESOLVED]

Post by Midknightprince »

I was doing tg quests, and went to the new LB, I'm still at 34 rep (Crook), I can get quests, training, all that, when I info the buildings it says thieves guild, but on the maps, nothing, anywhere.
I havent tested it with a new guy yet, before you join but its not showing up in any of my games (pre
X64 #28), no matter what rank Im at, so maybe its just guys who were already in.
And I tried it with just vanilla dfu, same thing.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Interkarma

Re: Theives guild on city map not showing up X64 #28

Post by Interkarma »

Just to clarify - you can info click on building and it displays Thieves Guild, but name not showing on city automap?

Did it used to work OK? This might be the result of a recent change I asked Nystul to make when filtering out residences on automap (using building type instead of string comparison).

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

No bug, just was not implemented. Since builds were not implemented at the time the map was implemented. Had already planned this as one of the next steps

Midknightprince

Yes, it worked last build, and in the stuff from Github, that's why I brought it up, but if he says it ain't working, then it ain't working :D
I was actually doing quests all weekend for the TG all over the bay, almost every place I went they were showing up (pretty normal).
Got to 34 rank..

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Ok, then someone else jumped in with the implementation. Maybe this issue is related to change faction id mapping of thieves build and dark brotherhood?

Midknightprince

I'm not in the Dark brotherhood, I was just wondering why the map marker went away, it's solved as far as I'm concerned if it's not supposed to be working anyways..

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I implemented this and it worked fine when I did. Basically when a building name is updated due to guild membership or house purchase, the map gets the right name from the shared code.

No idea what may have broken this, but I will try to find time to take a look soon.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

I think i know what the Problem is... Code for Filtering out residences changed and might cause the problem. Will take a look tomorrow. Btw, if you are no member of the dark brotherhood the building should not show up on the automap

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Yes I know, and the names only showed once you became a member. It was all fully tested and working. Not sure what code for filtering out residences you refer to, but I've been too busy to follow the code changes for the past month.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

It's all good Hazelnut, has nothing to do with your stuff. It's an automap nameplate issue. Nystul made a change at my request to filter residences using building type rather than comparing strings for hardcoded name=="Residence" compare - as this isn't going to keep working anyway once people can translate this text. As a side of effect of this, custom name changes on residences won't display on automap.

Nystul, please feel free to allow discovered names to show up on automap, even when building is a residence. I know I've been adamant about keeping the automap clean of non-functional nameplate clutter, but if that design choice starts getting in the way of adapting to game systems I'm happy for this to simply not filter residences at all. That's how classic works anyway, so I doubt many people will complain. It will also allow for editing of nameplates by user on automap for all discovered buildings.

I can admit when I'm wrong and just making things more difficult. :)