Automap in dungeons & interiors [NOT A BUG]

Midknightprince

Automap in dungeons & interiors [NOT A BUG]

Post by Midknightprince »

Whenever I'm zooming around in the auto map, holding the RMB to turn it aound, look at stuff etc, it resets to where I'm at everytime, like I have double clicked RMB.
I have to do the MMB again, to get it to not look opaque (automap), and if I was looking for something, or a way out, I have to find it again.
Its like it resets while I'm clicking (always the RMB), by accident.

It could well be I just need a new mouse, so if someone could go in a dungeon, and fiddle with the automap, that would be cool.
You can do map_revealall in the console to get the the whole interior to show up.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

FilthyCasual523

Re: Automap in dungeons & interiors

Post by FilthyCasual523 »

I just went in and tested this for ya, I hate to say it but you either need a new mouse or something on your end isn't set up right. I can't reproduce your problem, rotated map stays rotated.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

maybe your mouse is really producing right mouse button double click signal on single click. Another thing could be that due to high cpu load a single click is somehow detected as doubleclick (not sure if this can really happen, we will have to ask interkarma about this)
I tried to reproduce but I could not. A workaround might be to use keyboard shortcuts:
  • +/- numpad key to zoom in/out
  • alt + left/right to rotate map

Midknightprince

Sweet, hey, I'm sorry I had to make a new report just because my mouse..
Oh well, you never know....

Now I get to go blow my money on some cool p.c. stuff, because who just buys a mouse ?
Thanks you guys.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

no problem. Before you buy a new one maybe you can borrow a different one - because it is really a game problem would not want to waste you money here

Midknightprince

Nystul wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:37 pm no problem. Before you buy a new one maybe you can borrow a different one - because it is really a game problem would not want to waste you money here
Yeah, I'll give it a week or so, thanks for help :D