Misc. FilthyCasual523 bug discoveries [CLOSED]

Midknightprince

Re: Misc. FilthyCasual523 bug discoveries

Post by Midknightprince »

FilthyCasual523 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:56 pm Thanks for looking into that, Jay. :)

Well, now I've got another bug for you guys. I found the Daggerfall Coven and tried to get some quests from them but unfortunately the quests never got added to my journal. Basically I could spam asking them for quests until they no longer offered any at all, which they stopped offering after five tries.

One of those tries had the bug where no location was given, this one for acquiring werewolf blood.
I dont think the covens are implemented yet.
So the quests dont really work.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Jay_H wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 1:09 pm DFU can't parse dungeon subtypes, so this is the wrench in our gears. I wonder how that happened?
The Place resource has been able to parse numbered dungeon types since day 1. Several quests I know of use this, and I'm not aware of any problems with it. Can you let me know what problems you've had with this? I'll take a look at it. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I was partially in error. I now tested it in Wrothgarian Mountains. Here are the dungeons that failed upon testing:

dungeon2
dungeon17
dungeon18

Failed in Daggerfall:

dungeon1
dungeon4
dungeon5
dungeon16
dungeon17
dungeon18

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

It might depend on the region, I don't think all regions have all dungeon types available. Would have to check those specific cases though to be sure something else isn't happening.

Thanks for the information, I'll have a look later and try to add a fallback strategy.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

This is the script I used to test the dungeons. All I did was "startquest TEST" in each region.

Code: Select all

Quest: TEST
-- Message panels
QRC:

QuestorOffer:  [1000]
<ce>              ___mondung_

RefuseQuest:  [1001]
<ce>             

AcceptQuest:  [1002]
<ce>            

QuestFail:  [1003]
<ce>          

QuestComplete:  [1004]
<ce>           

QBN:

Person _questgiver_ group Questor male

Place _mondung_ remote dungeon1

--	Quest start-up:
                say 1000
                end quest

FilthyCasual523

Post by FilthyCasual523 »

Midknightprince wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 6:32 pm
FilthyCasual523 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:56 pm Thanks for looking into that, Jay. :)

Well, now I've got another bug for you guys. I found the Daggerfall Coven and tried to get some quests from them but unfortunately the quests never got added to my journal. Basically I could spam asking them for quests until they no longer offered any at all, which they stopped offering after five tries.

One of those tries had the bug where no location was given, this one for acquiring werewolf blood.
I dont think the covens are implemented yet.
So the quests dont really work.
Ah. I thought as much, I wasn't sure though. Well, at least I found it. lol

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Jay, I reverted some of the changes you made to quest scripts because the quest code can parse dungeon types - I mean it's not all complete yet, but changing the quests just hid the issue. There are quite a few areas of the quest code that still need some work to complete all the quest functionality and get names right etc. This will get done in time.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Ah, very good. No problem then. Thanks for the answer.

FilthyCasual523

Post by FilthyCasual523 »

New misc. bug discovery. Actually, not even sure if it's a bug, but an oddity I noticed is that there's this NPC near the citadel in Sentinel that walk-clips through the stairs that lead up to the main door like they're not even there.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

The Sentinel castle stairs aren't present on the automap being used as a navgrid. I'll add a bit more intelligence to the NPCs before end of 0.5 cycle along with some other small improvements.