Problems with LB #111 X64 [RESOLVED]

Midknightprince

Problems with LB #111 X64 [RESOLVED]

Post by Midknightprince »

Something in the textures folder is giving me CTD.
Now the same folder works ok in the code I got off Github on 5/11.
It's not the mods, it's just textures, the mods work fine, and I've already tried taking img folder out, still nothing..
When it does load, and you fast travel it CTD.
Again, vanilla DFU seems to work fine, it seems to be something in the textures folder, i track it down to that..
I have a ton of dumps, but I'm just gonna leave the last 3, and my output for the version that works, and the latest lb
Attachments
2018-05-13_234352.zip
(17.45 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
2018-05-13_234154.zip
(17.41 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
2018-05-13_233058.zip
(21.03 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Midknightprince

Re: Problems with LB #111 X64

here's my outputs, and I'm using the same save to test this, so if you want that too let me know..
Attachments
output_log.zip
not working (#111X64)
(7.45 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
output_log.zip
Working..(off github)
(7.59 KiB) Downloaded 85 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for letting us know. Is anyone else experiencing crashes with textures in curent live builds?

If this is definitely fixed in latest code for some reason, I'm happy to post some new builds soon to help others resolve also.

Midknightprince

Interkarma wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 5:39 am Thanks for letting us know. Is anyone else experiencing crashes with textures in curent live builds?

If this is definitely fixed in latest code for some reason, I'm happy to post some new builds soon to help others resolve also.
I got the working build on the 11th, off Github, that one works, I haven't tried the latest code today off Github, I was waiting for the player motor stuff to get put in that I saw in the pull request, I can test the latest tho real quick..brb..

Midknightprince

Midknightprince wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:18 am
Interkarma wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 5:39 am Thanks for letting us know. Is anyone else experiencing crashes with textures in curent live builds?

I got the working build on the 11th, off Github, that one works, I haven't tried the latest code today off Github, I was waiting for the player motor stuff to get put in that I saw in the pull request, I can test the latest tho real quick..brb..
Yes, latest code works, I even tried different combos of textures.

So in conclusion something with the LB #111 64bit, when you have textures in your texture folder (I took it out and it worked) DFU CTD.
Tested on the latest code however..(5/14 1:46 a.m.) it seems to be working fine..
I'll include the latest Github output in case you need it..
Attachments
output_log.zip
(9.12 KiB) Downloaded 96 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

No worries, I will accelerate release of a new build then. Thank you for confirming. :)

Is anyone else experiencing a problem with textures and live builds #111 / #29 from 12 May 2018?

Midknightprince

daggerfall-unity-player-motor-changes.zip this one works too so far...
Could build, and run have something to do with it ?
Like maybe it's doing something to locallow when I run the set up the first time that the actually LB's that you make don't like or something ?
Lately every time I go to a LB it messes up, then when I build, and run myself, no problems, weird..

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Well out of curiosity, here is the link to Windows 64-bit build #31 created from git at time of writing. I haven't posted these yet.

Let me know if you have any success using this live build. Otherwise, there might have something else going on. :)

Midknightprince

Interkarma wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:12 am Well out of curiosity, here is the link to Windows 64-bit build #31 created from git at time of writing. I haven't posted these yet.

Let me know if you have any success using this live build. Otherwise, there might have something else going on. :)
that's good idea, I'll let you know, and thank you.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

No problems, I appreciate you testing this stuff. We'll see if anyone else reports this crash to desktop as well, I'll hold off posting new builds for now.