Exterior locations aren't cleared when traveling [RESOLVED]

Nystul

Re: Exterior locations aren't cleared when traveling

Post by Nystul »

This is great! Will update distant terrain soon and this will be awesome - thank you so much!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

It's my pleasure! I'm finally happy to be sorting this after I let it beat me a couple of years ago.

I've just pushed an update to branch that refines how player is positioned when loading a pre-floating-y save. Loading from interiors and dungeon saves will just work. If player is outside then they will be aligned to ground level at whatever position in world they were at. Odds are player will be on ground and not even notice. If they were on top of a building or levitating outside, then they'll just end up at ground level the first time they load an old save. The mechanism is disabled once they save again.

This solution should also be compatible with other terrain samplers - unlike my first pass which required everyone to bump their sampler version to force a reposition.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Have looked into this now and submitted a fix that should eliminate issue. It was fairly mundane and just related to how objects were being cleaned up during fast travel coroutine. I added another loose object collection pass at end of fast travel that gets rid of any locations surviving through the first pass. This is very quick and most of the time will have no work to do.

The reason TerrainDistance=4 made the problem worse was the more locations in scene at once, the more likely one or more locations wouldn't get cleaned up.