Cant load save in current LB 64X #32 [RESOLVED]

Midknightprince

Cant load save in current LB 64X #32 [RESOLVED]

Post by Midknightprince »

I can't seem to load this guy up, and it's all the saves from him after like lvl 2, up to 11.
I can load my other guy (lvl 35 or something) no problem, only thing I have done with this guy is the guilds.

I've done the JayH quest packs, I tried the MQ out a bit, but it doesn't work after I quitmqstate in the console either (I tried and saved in my working build with this guy) still nothing, with no rep or anything, so I don't know.
It just infinite loads until I alt-enter, and like I said, my other guy works, even starting a new guy works, with mods, and without.
I'm doing that new Jay_H persistent quest thing maybe that's it, but it just zips in the quest folder, changing the bresenia start-up, and my other guy works with the same set-up, so I'm thinking no..
Hopefully I didn't break my dude, and you can fix it.
Thanks man :D
Attachments
output_log.zip
(6.19 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
SAVE31.zip
(237.89 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Interkarma

Re: Cant load save in current LB 64X #32

Post by Interkarma »

This one looks like an exception in TalkManager when loading game.

Nytul, we'll need to put in some handling for this so saves with legacy talk data will load cleanly.

Code: Select all

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.TalkManager.AssembleTopiclistTellMeAbout () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.TalkManager.RestoreConversationData (DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.SaveDataConversation data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Serialization.SaveLoadManager+<LoadGame>c__Iterator2.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto_Internal(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Serialization.SaveLoadManager:Load(Int32)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Serialization.SaveLoadManager:Load(String, String)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallUnitySaveGameWindow:LoadGame()
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallUnitySaveGameWindow:SaveLoadEventHandler(BaseScreenComponent, Vector2)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.BaseScreenComponent:MouseClick(Vector2)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.BaseScreenComponent:Update()
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.Panel:Update()
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.Button:Update()
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.UserInterfaceWindow:Update()
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallBaseWindow:Update()
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallPopupWindow:Update()
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallUnitySaveGameWindow:Update()
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.DaggerfallUI:Update()

Midknightprince

Here's another one, right after the infinite load it looks a bit different ?
Attachments
output_log.zip
(5.29 KiB) Downloaded 91 times

Midknightprince

Okay,taking ConversationData.txt out fixes it..WHEW.....

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Yeah I will make restoreConversationData do some checks and catch exceptions in this function and start with an empty struct if something failed. Also some additional checks in topic list creation will be good. I also realized that this will be necessary.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

pull request issued with better handling of loading obsolete ConversationData

basically some null-pointer checks to prevent uncaught exceptions and more important loaded ConversationData is checked for quest resource and rumor entries of orphaned quests that are no longer running.

This should fix problems with most old savegames hopefully - if not I will continue fixing them as you guys report.

Worst thing in theory that could happen now would be entries in the talk window that have a wrong caption or do give answers with unresolved macros

Midknightprince

Nystul wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:07 pm pull request issued with better handling of loading obsolete ConversationData

basically some null-pointer checks to prevent uncaught exceptions and more important loaded ConversationData is checked for quest resource and rumor entries of orphaned quests that are no longer running.

This should fix problems with most old savegames hopefully - if not I will continue fixing them as you guys report.

Worst thing in theory that could happen now would be entries in the talk window that have a wrong caption or do give answers with unresolved macros
Ok, I have like 10 saves to test this with when it goes live.
Thank you man, that was fast ;)
I can zip the convo.text if you wana look at it, but just taking that out fixes it.
The TG is still showing up too, so taking that out dosnt appear to be doing anything wrong with other stuff...
Also, I took it out for my main game while on a quest, when I got in, nothing was in the journal, but I was still on it in the console.
So I finnished it, got rep etc..
Just fyi...

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

The attached save loads fine now. Seems like we can close this as resolved.