Winx64 #32: Blank Screen After Loading Save [RESOLVED]

Krill'kern

Winx64 #32: Blank Screen After Loading Save [RESOLVED]

Post by Krill'kern »

Sooo... I apologize in advance for any obvious step I'm missing, but since I updated DFU to the latest version I can't seem to reliably load up savegames :shock:

I can boot up the game no problem, but after I try to load a game, I get the attached image. By the way, for some reason I can move the camera around, as the compass moves in turn, but I can't walk or anything. If I try to bring the savegame screen again, there's nothing there.

I've tried deactivaing all mods. Also I've tried giving it a few minutes just in case it was loading or something, but that's not it apparently.

Eventually I gave up and created a new character. The game worked for a while, but after saving outdoors this started happening again.

What am I doing wrong?
Attachments
pic.png
pic.png (20.87 KiB) Viewed 2547 times
Last edited by Krill'kern on Tue May 22, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Interkarma

Re: Black Screen AFter Loading Save

Post by Interkarma »

Hi Krill'kern. Please review the Bug Report guidelines stickied in this forum area. This will help you post informative bug reports that help us resolve the problem faster.

Just taking a guess though, you might be able to fix this by deleting the "ConversationData.txt" in your save folder. There are fixes incoming for this in next round of builds.

Otherwise, please attach a .zip of your output log and and we should be able to tell what what the problem is fairly quickly.

Thank you. :)

Krill'kern

Post by Krill'kern »

Thank you very much. I will try doing as you say as soon as I can tomorrow. Sorry for being a pain :D

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

You're not a pain, don't worry about. :)

I'll also drop some new builds later today that have fixes for the ConversationData problem and a few other things.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This should be fixed in builds #114 (Winx64 #34) or later. Please try again and if problem persists post a copy of your output log and I should be able to track down problem.

Krill'kern

Post by Krill'kern »

Nice, I've just downloaded the new build and I'm ready to play. I'll see what happens :)

Krill'kern

Re: Blank Screen After Loading Save

Post by Krill'kern »

Yes! I can confirm the bug has been fixed in both the old and the new characters. Thank you very much, Interkarma :D

I'll mark this thread as solved then.

Interkarma

Re: Blank Screen After Loading Save [RESOLVED]

Post by Interkarma »

Cheers! Thanks for the feedback. :)