PC Doesn't Heal When Resting [RESOLVED]

Kamer

PC Doesn't Heal When Resting [RESOLVED]

Post by Kamer »

DFU Build: Pre_Alpha 0.5.214
Mod: Warm Ashes Quest Pack Version 1 + Version 1.1
Issue: When the quests are enabled, when the player rests they no longer recover health or get interrupted by enemies

Spoiler!
My guess would be there are so many variables running at the time that it might be overloading the game. Same thing happend with the first build but I didn't really notice because I needed to have other quests running as well.

WarmAshesV1: Players can't heal when resting or get interrupted by enemies after having so many active quests (In this case it was the Main Quest and a Fighters Guild quest before the same thing occurred)

WarmAshwesV1.1: Players can't heal when resting or get interrupted by enemies by default

It's my guess that it's overloading the game as some crazy things happen when you have over 100 variables in one quest like in this example:

Interkarma

Re: PC Doesn't Heal When Resting

Post by Interkarma »

Not being able to rest is a common problem when something fails in the back-end. There's already a bug report open for this one.

If you can, please attach your output log after reproduce error in game and I should be able to see the problem.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Does it create a output log when the game doesn't crash?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Yes, it's running at all times and logs almost everything.

However, the output log is overwritten every time you start the game. So you will need to reproduce the problem then grab a copy of the output log. This should contain the errors causing this to happen.

Have a review of the guidelines for some tips and more information.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I've found the error. Apparently the Quest Pack I've installed wasn't installed correctly. I need to place the WAQ01-WAQ04 files into the /Quest/ File to bypass error.

Code: Select all

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Parsing quest WAQ01

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Quest filename path E:/GamesFiles/Daggerfall Unity/DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets\Quests\WAQ01.txt not found.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Exception: Could not load quest 'WAQ01' or source file is empty/invalid.
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Questing.QuestMachine.ParseQuest (System.String questName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Questing.StartQuest.Update (DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Questing.Task caller) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Questing.Task.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Questing.Quest.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Questing.QuestMachine.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Questing.QuestMachine.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

There's been a major pass over quest system in latest builds that should address this problem (hopefully permanently). If a quest cannot compile, or fails at runtime, it should no longer affect stability of other parts of game loop. I'll mark as resolved for now.