Windows #118: Casting (certain?) spells causes Magicka to drop to zero [RESOLVED]

Narf the Mouse

Windows #118: Casting (certain?) spells causes Magicka to drop to zero [RESOLVED]

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Character: Breton Spellsword.
Spells tested: Regenerate, Heal Health.

Reproduce: Create a new character. Buy at least one spell. Cast that spell. You now have # out of 0 Magicka (see other bug report about current and maximum Magicka being switched in display).

Potentially useful info: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1110
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Interkarma

Re: Windows #118: Casting (certain?) spells causes Magicka to drop to zero

Post by Interkarma »

Are you creating a spell costing more than your actual spell point pool? At this time spell costs are accounted but not enforced for testing purposes. Your character likely just doesn't have enough spell points. :)

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Interkarma wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:39 pm Are you creating a spell costing more than your actual spell point pool? At this time spell costs are accounted but not enforced for testing purposes. Your character likely just doesn't have enough spell points. :)
I have 87 Magicka, and the spell costs 22 Magicka, according to my spellbook. A single casting reduces Magicka to zero.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hit me with a save if you can. Cheers. :)

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

FYI, I also saw this happen a couple builds back (sorry, but I don't have a save available right now), and just assumed that was how things were "supposed" to work for now. Guess I should have reported it then!

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Interkarma wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:55 pm Hit me with a save if you can. Cheers. :)
Should be in your e-mail already. :) Check your spam folder?

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

...I should probably also note that I'm using DaggerfallSetup, with all fixes and quests.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks, I'll look into what's happening. :)

Interkarma

Re: Windows #118: Casting (certain?) spells causes Magicka to drop to zero [RESOLVED]

Post by Interkarma »

Fixed now. It was a timing problem that allowed costs to be applied multiple times before ready spell was cleared. Fix will be in next round of builds.

Narf the Mouse

Re: Windows #118: Casting (certain?) spells causes Magicka to drop to zero [RESOLVED]

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Interkarma wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:03 pm Fixed now. It was a timing problem that allowed costs to be applied multiple times before ready spell was cleared. Fix will be in next round of builds.
Good to know, thanks. :)