Win64 #118: Interaction windows can close and re-open on same click [RESOLVED]

CM August

Win64 #118: Interaction windows can close and re-open on same click [RESOLVED]

Post by CM August »

I've found I have to be very quick releasing the mouse when clicking "exit" in dialogue and loot windows these days, or else the game will re-open the interface I just left. For some reason this little annoyance has happened a lot more often in recent builds, even though (after checking older builds to be sure) it's been around forever. Or maybe DFU's now getting built so quickly that the game itself is speeding up. :)

Interkarma

Re: Win64 #188: Interaction windows can close and re-open on same click

Post by Interkarma »

I haven't noticed this one, will try to reproduce. It sounds like input might be falling through from last UI to whatever is behind it. Can you remember roughly when this started?

CM August

Re: Win64 #188: Interaction windows can close and re-open on same click

Post by CM August »

After noticing it in the latest build, I went back and reproduced it on loot piles as far back as Windows build #64 (because that's the earliest version I have installed) but it might have required holding down the left-click a fraction of a second longer - enough for me to never notice in the past because I was quick enough letting go.

Hazelnut

Re: Win64 #118: Interaction windows can close and re-open on same click

Post by Hazelnut »

I also noticed this a week or so ago, it was always possible but is much easier now. Until reading this I put it down to having very tired fingers from too much keyboard work.

I took the liberty of fixing the typo in the Bug title from #188 to #118 since that is the current build number.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Re: Win64 #118: Interaction windows can close and re-open on same click

Post by Interkarma »

Fix will be in next round of builds.