Linux builds 19, 22: Will not start [WORKAROUND FOUND]

Jay_H

Linux builds 19, 22: Will not start [WORKAROUND FOUND]

Post by Jay_H »

Linux Mint 17.3 MATE 64-bit.

I've tried on Linux #19 and #22. When I try loading x86 or x86_64, a black screen momentarily appears ("Daggerfall Unity"), which disappears almost immediately after. In terminal, I'm given the following output:
Spoiler!
Set current directory to /home/jehuty/Downloads/Daggerfall Unity 22
Found path: /home/jehuty/Downloads/Daggerfall Unity 22/DaggerfallUnity.x86_64
Mono path[0] = '/home/jehuty/Downloads/Daggerfall Unity 22/DaggerfallUnity_Data/Managed'
Mono path[1] = '/home/jehuty/Downloads/Daggerfall Unity 22/DaggerfallUnity_Data/Mono'
Mono config path = '/home/jehuty/Downloads/Daggerfall Unity 22/DaggerfallUnity_Data/Mono/etc'
displaymanager : xrandr version warning. 1.4
displaymanager : trying .X11-unix
client :0 has 1 screens
displaymanager screen (0): 1366 x 768
Using libudev for joystick management

Importing game controller configs
Aborted
Nothing further happens after.

EDIT: Though this matter's been resolved, I'm somewhat worried about Unity 5.5, which is said to remove legacy renderer support (OpenGL). If what I'm thinking is right, my workaround won't function in 5.5
Last edited by Jay_H on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Interkarma

Re: Linux builds 19, 22: Will not start

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for reporting. Could you please send me full Player.log?

Edit: Please also confirm that DFU was launching OK prior to 0.3 (was 0.2 was working OK)?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yep, 0.2 was functional under this same Linux. I've e-mailed you the player.log.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks, it's definitely a shader compile issue. I'll see what I can discover and get back. Most significant change this release is shift from Unity 5.2 to 5.4.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

No problem, no rush for me.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I may not be able to address this right now. The core error from your player.log seems to indicate a native code crash in the Unity runtime.
Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.
Searching for problem does seem to indicate its affecting Unity versions after 5.2. The following thread is talking about the same problem. Maybe something useful in there.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4805.195

I'm downloading Linux Mint 17.3 MATE 64 now. Will see if I can reproduce on my test rig.

Xaphir

Post by Xaphir »

Interkarma wrote:I may not be able to address this right now. The core error from your player.log seems to indicate a native code crash in the Unity runtime.
Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.
Searching for problem does seem to indicate its affecting Unity versions after 5.2. The following thread is talking about the same problem. Maybe something useful in there.
Hey, I need to throw this in; I'm running openSUSE 42.1 Leap with the latest updates and I am running DFU fine with Linux build 19. No problems. I can check build 22, which I haven't downloaded yet, and report on that asap.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

That topic you linked to was excellent. It suggested adding -force-opengl to the end of the terminal command. It works perfectly, and I just loaded up one of my save files. Testing on!

Xaphir

Re: Linux builds 19, 22: Will not start [WORKAROUND FOUND]

Post by Xaphir »

I just tested DFU build 22; was successful on openSUSE. Able to load saves, travel, and save new savegames. Working very well so far.