Linux 23: PC stares at dungeon exit after leaving dungeon

Report specific bugs in Daggerfall Unity. Please read guidelines before posting.
Jay_H

Linux 23: PC stares at dungeon exit after leaving dungeon

Postby Jay_H » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:45 am

In Yeomwing Tower in Daggerfall region, the entrance to the dungeon is a floor hatch. After the character leaves the dungeon, the point of view is focused on the ground, at the escape hatch. This reproduces in Castle Kingford of the same region, having the same qualities. This does not reproduce in dungeons where the entrance is a wall decal, such as Privateer's Hold or Wicksly's Guard.
Come give your feedback on the ideas in my general thread, and share your Daggerfall characters in the character thread.
Safe-for-work sprite mod here. Guide for new Daggerfall players here. Daggerfall Mechanics thread here.
Nystul

Re: Linux 23: PC stares at dungeon exit after leaving dungeon

Postby Nystul » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:33 am

Not sure if this should considered a bug
Jay_H

Postby Jay_H » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:49 am

If it's a bug, it's of the least important kind. The inconvenience is minor. I only report it as an inconsistency between the two exit types, which sounds to me like a bug. If this weren't fixed until 2018 I wouldn't be upset.
Come give your feedback on the ideas in my general thread, and share your Daggerfall characters in the character thread.
Safe-for-work sprite mod here. Guide for new Daggerfall players here. Daggerfall Mechanics thread here.
Interkarma

Postby Interkarma » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:50 am

Thanks Jay. What's happening is when player leaves a dungeon, I set their facing based on door normal. When door is facing in a weird direction, so is player (it's fine other 98% of time).

I'll definitely accept as bug and leave this one open until I get around to it. :)
Jay_H

Postby Jay_H » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:10 am

No problem, thanks for the answer :)
R.D.

Postby R.D. » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:59 am

Here's a sample save with a horizontally-facing exit that also has this issue.
Attachments
SAVE3.zip
(86.98 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

Return to “Bug Reports”