Windows: Female short shirt variant disappears [resolved]

R.D.

Windows: Female short shirt variant disappears [resolved]

Post by R.D. »

Load the attached save with the newest Daggerfall Unity and click "use" to cycle through the equipped short shirt variants. After two clicks it will disappear and become inaccessible. This happens in original Daggerfall (at least on my computer, and when running through DOSBox) so it is probably an issue with the game data rather than Daggerfall Unity, but I mention it in case there is to be correction of original game assets within Daggerfall Unity. In original Daggerfall the variant looks fine as long as it is in the inventory, not equipped. Currently Daggerfall Unity is not displaying inventory for this character (viewtopic.php?f=24&t=371) so I don't know whether it shows correctly in Daggerfall Unity when not equipped.

This was seen on the latest commit (355ebfa). As I'm writing this the latest live build doesn't have the changes for cycling through the short shirt yet.
Attachments
SAVE1.zip
(40.23 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Last edited by R.D. on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Re: Windows: Female short shirt variant disappears

Post by Interkarma »

Hey mate, thanks for posting bugs and including saves for me to reproduce. :)

I'll work through and fix root cause as soon as I'm able.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Have investigated this one and you're correct it's a problem with game data.

The paper doll offset settings for TEXTURE.237 record 52 are [-23, 238]. This means the art for this variant is being drawn offset outside of the paper doll area. The correct offset should be [237, 43]. There also an error in variant 5 for this shirt, it's 1 pixel off the others, which isn't so bad.

As users are providing their own game data, the best universal fix right now is to manually correct offsets during the GetItemImage() process for this specific record.

Edit: Fixed in commit cfb7383.

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

This can be marked resolved, right?

Although, it kind of seems to me like the best way to fix this and other problems with game data might be to have a "fixed" set of game data for download. But I guess you have your reasons for not wanting to do that, Interkarma?

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

Marking this as resolved