Windows #49: Travelling from Off-Map [RESOLVED]

kingOfWyrms

Windows #49: Travelling from Off-Map [RESOLVED]

Post by kingOfWyrms »

I decided to see what Daggerfall hides outside the borders of the map, so I went to the Shrine of Q'Olwen in the Dragontail Mountains, turned the runspeed up to 70, and headed south. I then proceeded to jump off the map, and after falling for a minute or two, staring at Masser and Secunda below me, I pulled up the travel menu. When I selected a destination, the Homunuchexa Hole in Daggerfall, and the travel options menu came up, the game slowed to a crawl. I guess it was trying to calculate the cost to get there? I hit begin, and nothing happened. Messed around in the menu a bit more, hit begin a few more times, then I closed the menu. To my surprise, I was no longer in the void. I was standing on solid ground near the bay, I believe right where I had set my destination. Buuut...

Well, there were trees in the distance way out and above me. I realise something was bound to break from what I did, but thought I'd report it all the same.

Interkarma

Re: Windows #49: Travelling from Off-Map

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for report. We've put some good time in to ensure game does not crash at or around border of world. Next step is to enforce some invisible walls so player cannot easily exit world this way (just like Daggerfall does).