Mac #1 - No data in DataPath [CLOSED]

WereShark

Mac #1 - No data in DataPath [CLOSED]

Post by WereShark »

Test Build works on Mac - in general.

But there is no right click on Mac, so attacking is impossible and I cannot define a key for attacking because the DataPath (which should be located, according to doc, at
/Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Daggerfall Workshop/Daggerfall Unity) simply doesn't exist. There is no Daggefall Workshop subfolder under Application Support.

Machine Info:
Mac OS X Sierra 10.12
i7 @ 1.7 Ghz 8Gb Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536Mb

Interkarma

Re: Mac #1 - No data in DataPath

Post by Interkarma »

Hi WereShark, welcome to the forums. :)

Unfortunately, I don't have a Mac to test with so data path may be different in current builds. Your data path is shown at the bottom of the startup screen after setting resolution. Example of my Windows data path is below.

If you can let me know exactly what this says on your Mac (ideally post a screenshot), I'd be happy to update docs. Cheers!
DataPath.jpg
DataPath.jpg (125.82 KiB) Viewed 3260 times

WereShark

Post by WereShark »

Thanks.
I get the error 'file too large' when trying to attach a screenshot. (Only 442Kb jpeg - shouldn't be that much). Which is a shame because on the screenshot it's clearly visible that DataPath string doesn't fit on my screen, so I see only a middle portion of it:
.../Application Support/unity.Daggerfall Workshop Dagg(don't know what goes after, screen ends here)

1) In any case I see nothing alike in my Application Support folder
2) I have a small Mac Book Air, so the DataPath-out-of-bounds problem may be relevant to a relative low resolution of my display : 1440x900 (I didn't change initial setting - "Full screen"). It looks like the issue is rather resolution-specific than Mac-specific.

Update:
I figured out the path I have: .../Application Support/unity.Daggerfall Workshop.Daggerfall Unity

the Finder (File explorer on Mac) just doesn't display Library folder.

Yay! I can see KeyBinds.txt now!

Update 2:
I assigned "SwingWeapon" to a key, but it doesn't work. :(

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for the path, I will update this in docs soon.

I just tested rebinding Mouse1 to F, and I'm able to swing weapon while holding down F and dragging mouse left-to-right, diagonal, or forward-to-back as normal. If you are having trouble swinging the mouse to activate weapon, this is a fairly common issue (even with classic Daggerfall). Check the below helpful post from Xaphir for some ideas on tuning your mouse sensitivity.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=320&hilit=weapon&start=70#p3082

Thanks again for testing and sending your feedback. :)

WereShark

Post by WereShark »

Strange, it looks like the changes I make to KeyBinds.txt do not have any effect. I tried to reassign jump, by completely removing the line "Space": "Jump”, and adding a line "Y":"Jump", - after relaunch jump is still bound to space and "y" has no effect, as it was before the change.

I have two versions of dtfu, a downloaded test build for Mac and cloned master branch from GitHub which I open in Unity. Can these two theoretically have different DataPaths?

I can see a reference to a UnityEngine.Application.persistentDataPath property in InputManager.cs and since UnityEngine.Application is sealed I assume that this property is somehow figured out by Unity at launch.

P.S. Impressive work!