Windows #63 - Exterior world not loading [resolved]

Arl

Windows #63 - Exterior world not loading [resolved]

Post by Arl »

I'm creating this topic so I'm not poluting the mod thread.

This last live build gets me a black screen with just compass and color bars visible when loading a save game. I'm not running any mods.

Well, this is the trait with constantly updated builds, things may get twisted momentarily, I just felt like reporting it since it's actually the first time something bad happens testing this builds on my part.

I got Answered:
Interkarma wrote:Thanks for the report Arl. Latest build (Windows #64) appears to be working OK on my side. Just a few things to try:
  • If running any mods, please disable them and try again. If a particular mod seems to be causing the problem, check for updated version in first post of this topic.
  • Try setting "EnableTextureArrays = False" in your settings.ini. This will turn off the new terrain texturing system and fall back to the previous setup.
  • If all else fails please send me a copy of your problem save game and a copy of log for review. Let me know if any help needed finding these.

Yeah, 'EnableTextureArrays = False' solved this for me, saves are loaded correctly again, everything's fine now. :)
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

Interkarma

Re: Black Screen loading save game.

Post by Interkarma »

Arl, can I quickly confirm you're using build Windows #64, Linux #63, Mac #55?

There was a brief issue like you describe in the previous builds yesterday (Windows #63, Linux #62, Mac #54) which exhibit this problem because I forgot to bundle new shader in build process. This was fixed within about an hour, but you might have downloaded the problem build before it was replaced with fixed build. If in doubt, just download latest build and try with "EnableTextureArrays = True" again.

If you are using the fixed build and still have the problem, I'll need to go in a different support direction and check some other stuff. :)

Cheers.

Arl

Post by Arl »

Interkarma wrote:Arl, can I quickly confirm you're using build Windows #64, Linux #63, Mac #55?

There was a brief issue like you describe in the previous builds yesterday (Windows #63, Linux #62, Mac #54) which exhibit this problem because I forgot to bundle new shader in build process. This was fixed within about an hour, but you might have downloaded the problem build before it was replaced with fixed build. If in doubt, just download latest build and try with "EnableTextureArrays = True" again.

If you are using the fixed build and still have the problem, I'll need to go in a different support direction and check some other stuff. :)

Cheers.

Sorry for the late response. Indeed I was using Windows #63 build, I didn't realised it got updated.

I just tried #64 and it's working good, with "EnableTextureArrays = True" and all.
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

That's great to hear, thanks for the update. I'll just update topic title and close this one. :)

Nystul

Re: Windows #63 - Exterior world not loading

Post by Nystul »

Sry for not thinking about telling you about the new shader. Should have remembered that we needed to do some special handling when a new shader is added.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

All good. I knew it was there, I just forgot to add it to the shader collection. Completely my error, was tired after work when I put that build together. :)

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

Sounds like this can be marked resolved.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

R.D. thanks for working through these and your recent PRs. I'll work through and mark these as resolved when I get some time today.

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

Just reminding that this one can be marked resolved.