Linux #70: Zombie doesn't appear in quest tavern [SOLVED]

Jay_H

Linux #70: Zombie doesn't appear in quest tavern [SOLVED]

Post by Jay_H »

Accepted a quest to kill an undead in a remote tavern. I've waited inside more than 120 hours, but it never appears. The killall command showed no enemies.

Now working in later versions!
Last edited by Jay_H on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Interkarma

Re: Linux #70: Zombie doesn't appear in quest tavern

Post by Interkarma »

This relates to Quest System Bugs in Fighters Update thread. Specifically:
Cannot hot-place a resource to quest marker (i.e. use "place foe" in building while player is inside). Workaround is to exit and re-enter building for placement to run.
Quest script M0B30Y08 wants to place zombie in the target building when two conditions are met:
  1. When player is inside building (S.04 is true)
  2. When it is night-time (S.05 is not true)
At this time, Daggerfall Unity cannot hot-place marker-based resources like the zombie in this quest. Workaround is just to exit and re-enter the building when S.04 is green and S.05 is not.

I'll get this one fixed soon. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I've just added hot-placement code now. This should be fixed in next builds (72/72/69 or greater).

CM August

Post by CM August »

That was fast, haha. Great to hear. I'd received a quest earlier to destroy a scorpion within the guild itself; I expect it would have immediately spawned mere feet away from me if the fix was in place. And then I'd have had to change my pants :P

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

CM August wrote:That was fast, haha. Great to hear. I'd received a quest earlier to destroy a scorpion within the guild itself; I expect it would have immediately spawned mere feet away from me if the fix was in place. And then I'd have had to change my pants :P
Can confirm! I just made that the only quest in my table and exploited hand-in bug until the Fighters Guild was selected for the target building.

Scorpion spawned right next to me (which is where the marker is in game data).

Pants were changed. :)