Unopenable door in dungeon [resolved]

Hazelnut

Unopenable door in dungeon [resolved]

Post by Hazelnut »

There's a kind of hidden door behind a door in Jubithiva's Den of the left on the huge staircase. In DFU it has a different texture and wont open. The same character save was used.

I've attached screenshots:
Attachments
bug1-classic.png
bug1-classic.png (117.56 KiB) Viewed 4881 times
bug1-dfu.png
bug1-dfu.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 4881 times
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Midknightprince

Re: Unopenable door in dungeon

Post by Midknightprince »

Hazelnut wrote:There's a kind of hidden door behind a door in Jubithiva's Den of the left on the huge staircase. In DFU it has a different texture and wont open. The same character save was used.

I've attached screenshots:
I have run into this many times.
I just cashed it up to WIP stuff....
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

The texture is immaterial (pun) but issue with this moving piece is that it's not being treated as a door by layout methods. If you can send me a save game with player in front this problem dungeon piece, I can fix this up. Cheers mate. :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Here you are. No rush, just something I noticed when collecting some ingredients in classic & DFU

(some of the hitPoint values in the templates are set to -15536 and I was trying to figure out where that number had come from as it displays on the popup. Didn't even know the template files existed until tonight. :-))
Attachments
unopenableDoor.7z
(59.69 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Last edited by Hazelnut on Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

It's only those angled brick/stone hidden wall doors on my end.
Hope this helps.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks guys. :)

Hazelnut, when I exported item template data from FALL.EXE (where this is stored) I treated this value as an int. Probably should have used unsigned short. Either way, I admit to not knowing the significant of that value in classic Daggerfall. I'd be happy for a search and replace in that file to change that value to 16-bit unsigned equivalent if that helps on your side. I'm not even sure the hit points are even that important for ingredients and any positive value will do.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Just merged a change to fix this case. This dungeon piece carries a tag/description of "NEW", unlike other action door pieces which carry a "DOR" or "DDR" tag.

I'm not sure at this time whether to treat all "NEW" pieces as doors or not. Usually these tags are quite consistent, but need a bit more time to resolve.

For now, I've just assigned this piece door status by model ID. There may be other "NEW" door pieces which use different IDs. I'll approach this later and make "NEW" a supported global door tag if that indeed appears to be the intent.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Interkarma wrote:Hazelnut, when I exported item template data from FALL.EXE (where this is stored) I treated this value as an int. Probably should have used unsigned short. Either way, I admit to not knowing the significant of that value in classic Daggerfall. I'd be happy for a search and replace in that file to change that value to 16-bit unsigned equivalent if that helps on your side. I'm not even sure the hit points are even that important for ingredients and any positive value will do.
Wasn't intending to discuss here (contravening the 1 issue / post policy) but thanks - I will fix the template file in my next PR.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

can confirm that door now opens in DFU.

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

Sounds like this can be marked resolved.