Vengeance 78: %reg gives a blank space in text [RESOLVED]

Jay_H

Vengeance 78: %reg gives a blank space in text [RESOLVED]

Post by Jay_H »

In 77, the %reg token would display the current region's name. Right now I'm getting a blank from it.

Code: Select all

QuestorOffer:  [1000]
<ce>                   DFU MAGES GUILD QUEST
<ce>          
<ce>          %pct, %reg grants us great
<ce>          autonomy concerning our methods of
Last edited by Jay_H on Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Re: Vengeance 78: %reg gives a blank space in text

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for reporting Jay. There's been a bit of an overhaul with these macros in the background in 78. Hazelnut should be able to fix this in short order when he can.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Hi Jay, I changed what %reg does because I thought it was incorrect before since it was just a duplicate of %crn. i made it so:

%reg gives the home region of the last referenced person
%crn gives the current region the player is in

Having looked at existing quest usage of %reg it seems it should be the same as %crn like it was before. Seems odd to have two different macros for the same data, but I have found others since so it seems its just something daggerfall. Anyway I will change it back, and if you feel the home region of people is of use then we can create a new macro for it.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

No problem, thank you :) I didn't know home region was data stored for NPCs. Is it randomly selected, or are all randomly generated NPCs born within the current region? I can understand Aubk-i being from Sentinel and Direnni from Daggerfall, but my assumption is that the other 99.99% of NPCs would just come from the region they're created in.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

The person class has a home region stored, but I don't know how that is populated or what the plans are for it in the future. That will have to wait for Interkarma to comment on.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

No problem. I'd stick with %reg and %crn being synonymous unless I can see some big advantage to it. I could always put it to use in some form of dialogue, but it would be really arbitrary, and never useful to a quest's procedure.