#81 - TallySkill() IndexOutOfRange [resolved]

Interkarma

#81 - TallySkill() IndexOutOfRange [resolved]

Post by Interkarma »

Allofich - running through PH on live with an existing character, and occasionally getting streams of exceptions for TallySkill(). I added some exception handling and found sometimes TallySkill receives a skillId of 50, although the array is only 35 members long.

I notice this seems to happen most with humanoid foes.
skill-overflow.JPG
skill-overflow.JPG (18.57 KiB) Viewed 1703 times

Midknightprince

Re: (Live Code) - TallySkill() IndexOutOfRange

Post by Midknightprince »

@ Interkarma
Could this mess up stamina, running, and jumping ?
I only get stamina loss from attacking (even if I'm not hitting anything like in Classic) running, and jumping has no effect.
Also, running, and jumping aren't raising (running, and jumping all through privateers hold, and outside = no gain).
Tested in 81 with, and without mods, and with a new guy I started just for 81.
I took my old save file out of LocalLow before I even started because I thought it was just my old guy (Talon) but it's doing it with this new guy to.
Is this something you know about, or do I need to place a bug report ?(I hate doing that).
Check out my YouTube Channel!

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

I've never seen this error before. The only TallSkill() calls that don't call a set number are those for weapon skills, but even there "50" is not among the possible results.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I'll try and reproduce again later and see if I can chase down how 50 is being passed in as skillId. :)