Linux #82: Forbidden equipment disappears after attempted equip [resolved]

Jay_H

Linux #82: Forbidden equipment disappears after attempted equip [resolved]

Post by Jay_H »

I'm using Hazelnut's x16 inventory. My new Barbarian picked up some steel boots from a corpse in an attempt to wear them. I got the usual message about class prohibition, and the boots completely disappeared. I checked the ground, the wagon, my inventory, and my paperdoll.

Interkarma

Re: Linux #82: Forbidden equipment disappears after attempted equip

Post by Interkarma »

Jay, was this a pre-existing dungeon save? If the save existed prior to #82, your save game might not be in good condition. You will need to exit and re-enter dungeon and overwrite save.

But if you entered dungeon cleanly post-82, and problem only happens with 16x inventory, then something else is probably going wrong. If you can, please attach a save for Hazelnut to review.

Cheers!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

This was a brand-new character for 82. It had occurred outdoors due to a quest, but that's a minor detail (I had just finished fast traveling). As soon as I get a chance to replicate it I'll post again.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks Jay. I'll let Hazelnut dive in from here, as the 16x inventory grid is his baby. :)

Feralwarlord

Post by Feralwarlord »

I have found if not the same bug at least a similar one to what jay describes
found some items that when looted using "remove" vanish and when making a save right before looting then reloading will continue to do so when trying to loot the item, however in my case when using "equip" to loot the item it is kept and when reloading the save and looting it again using either method after this will result in it successfully being added to the inventory.

the items in question may also have a weight discrepancy, in the save i have attached there is an example of this with a dwarven warhammer that weighs 0
Attachments
SAVE2.zip
(178.54 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

Feralwarlord

Post by Feralwarlord »

Screenshot (25).png
Screenshot (25).png (321.88 KiB) Viewed 4140 times
Also I have the "sacrificial lamb" quest that jay wrote running in this save so be wary when loading it

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

Confirmed. Probably caused by my prohibited equipment PR. I'm submitting a fix PR.

Luckily it seems that the disappeared items aren't really gone, the inventory screen just wasn't updated. Load your game and you should see the missing item in your inventory.

Edit: Never mind, actually this is NOT confirmed, at least on the latest code. I think I may have just thought I saw it happen because I was expecting to. I withdrew the PR.
Last edited by R.D. on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

I have found if not the same bug at least a similar one to what jay describes
found some items that when looted using "remove" vanish and when making a save right before looting then reloading will continue to do so when trying to loot the item, however in my case when using "equip" to loot the item it is kept and when reloading the save and looting it again using either method after this will result in it successfully being added to the inventory.

the items in question may also have a weight discrepancy, in the save i have attached there is an example of this with a dwarven warhammer that weighs 0
The 0-weight problem should be fixed in the newest code thanks to a fix from Hazelnut a few days ago. Items that were already created like that warhammer, though, don't seem to be fixed.

I tried your save game but I don't have a problem with items disappearing when I remove them from the corpse the character is front of.

Feralwarlord

Post by Feralwarlord »

R.D. wrote:
however in my case when using "equip" to loot the item it is kept and when reloading the save and looting it again using either method after this will result in it successfully being added to the inventory.

I tried your save game but I don't have a problem with items disappearing when I remove them from the corpse the character is front of.
I've already used "equip" to get that warhammer in my inventory so you'll need to find anther item to see the vanishing thing, as long as you have jay_h's quests installed and enabled you should get attacked by about half a dozen enemies when loading that save, it shouldn't be to hard to find anther item affected by the bug, items of elven quality or higher are what seem to mostly be affected.
also so far I haven't seen any sign of the bug in build 83

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Update to build 83.
It came out last night.
Before you start the game proper, hit the restart button on the upper left of the launcher.
It's fixed on my end, and dwarven stuff that's already been picked up and shows 0 does not change, it still breaks it just weighs 0.
You have to get new stuff, even the ebony dagger stays till you get a new one.
Check out my YouTube Channel!