Linux 85: Loading a save game triggers Create Foe repeat [RESOLVED]

Jay_H

Linux 85: Loading a save game triggers Create Foe repeat [RESOLVED]

Post by Jay_H »

I have a quest that uses an action, "create foe _enemy_ every 600 minutes indefinitely with 100% success." It operates normally, except when I load a game running that quest. If I do so, _enemy_ will immediately spawn again. By saving and loading, I can conjure a swarm of them quickly.

Interkarma

Re: Linux 85: Loading a save game triggers Create Foe repeat

Post by Interkarma »

Awesome catch, thanks Jay.

I'm going to work on some fixes today when I can.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Jay_H wrote:I have a quest that uses an action, "create foe _enemy_ every 600 minutes indefinitely with 100% success." It operates normally, except when I load a game running that quest. If I do so, _enemy_ will immediately spawn again. By saving and loading, I can conjure a swarm of them quickly.
I guess this is what was happening in "sacrificial lamb" ?
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

It depends. That quest was supposed to swarm you with 6 enemies at a time about 45 minutes apart. Now I've slowed it down to every 72 hours. If someone was unlucky enough to trigger this at that time, we may not have even noticed :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Jay, would you have a save for me to reproduce this one? I'm having a bit of trouble recreating on my own.

The factor that determines when foes spawn is game time elapsed, and any pending foes are wiped when game is loaded. I'm wondering if there's something I'm missed when testing this, and a repro save will let me cut straight to problem.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Here you go. I've included the quest it's currently running, JHPQ006. The PC should be someone outdoors in Kozanset with 4 barbarians nearby.

Oddly, this time it only duplicated the enemies on the first load. But it did still happen once, I can say; the enemies spawn in packs of 2, and the quest just began before a save-load.