Key binding issues [RESOLVED]

chtujo

Key binding issues [RESOLVED]

Post by chtujo »

When a key is already bound to something, and is bound to something else, and then the just re-binded is re-binded to a key that is available, then the original function of the key doesn't work until re-bound.

That makes no sense I know...

To reproduce (note that keys given are just examples I think this works with all):

1. Make sure run is set to shift key, and jump to space key
2. Test run&jump (should work)
3. Set run to space (don't test)
4. Set run back to shift
5. Test jump (It shouldn't work)

This is in Windows build 88 with multiple graphical mods.

Edit: Oh and also, if you've forgotten; the crouching hitbox/hitreg (don't know the technical term) is still messed up.

Interkarma

Re: Key binding issues

Post by Interkarma »

CHAPPJO wrote: Edit: Oh and also, if you've forgotten; the crouching hitbox/hitreg (don't know the technical term) is still messed up.
Thanks for the report and details. :)

Can you please elaborate on your edit? I can't recall what you're referring too. Cheers.

chtujo

Post by chtujo »

Interkarma wrote:
CHAPPJO wrote: Edit: Oh and also, if you've forgotten; the crouching hitbox/hitreg (don't know the technical term) is still messed up.
Thanks for the report and details. :)

Can you please elaborate on your edit? I can't recall what you're referring too. Cheers.
On the post where Hazulnut was adding in horses, you had a conversation about the hitboxes, and in part of it someone mentioned that the crouching hitbox was wrong (not for the horse of course), and the camera was above where it topped off. This allowed the player to walk into gaps lower than the camera (but still higher than the hitbox) letting the player see through the object/into the void. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you for the clarification. :)

The player object is scheduled for a large refactoring in 0.5. I don't plan to make any changes to it at this time. But I will correct camera placement in the crouched capsule as part of that process when the time comes.