Live Build #98 - Some shop shelves are not clickable [RESOLVED]

Aeuc

Live Build #98 - Some shop shelves are not clickable [RESOLVED]

Post by Aeuc »

Hello. I've been following the project for a while now, but just created a forum account. I've been running around from town to town to reveal names of buildings and clicking on all the shop shelves to look at all the goodies for sale. However, out of thirty shops visited so far, only one shop had a shelf that was not clickable. I'm not sure if this was intentional or if it is a bug, but figured I would post here in case it is a bug. The shelf in question is in "The Superior Attire" in Reybury. I took this photo and drew circles around the shelf that was clickable and the shelf that was not clickable. I'm not using any mods.
Attachments
Reybury.png
Reybury.png (711.93 KiB) Viewed 3416 times

Interkarma

Re: Live Build #98 - Shop shelf in Reybury not clickable

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums Aeuc. Thank you for the report. :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Thank you Aeuc, not a bug so much as we haven't found them all yet and I'm sure there are other model ids out there that aren't in the store shelf list yet as well, so keep a look out. Will add that one to the list.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Thanks again for this report. I've fixed that shelf and the two that are drawers with shelves above as well. One was actually a model from the non shelf lists (an exact duplicate of the shelf version) and in classic it works as a shelf so I;ve moved that id from container list to shelves.

Can everyone keep an eye out for that model appearing in a non-shop building and not acting as a private container should please? (i.e. it opens without the yes/no dialog about it being private property)

Note this is only if you're running the latest code, once Interkarma merges the PR of course, as this fix will not be in a live build. I will update when it goes in.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Aeuc

Post by Aeuc »

Hazelnut, if I find other shelves that are not clickable should I post under here or create a new post?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Just adding to this post is fine. :) It's the same fix if you find anymore shelves like this.

I updated thread title so issue is open to more additions.

Aeuc

Re: Live Build #98 - Some shop shelves are not clickable [OPEN-ENDED]

Post by Aeuc »

Hazelnut, I found another shelf that needs fixing. This shelf is common on the top floor of shops and is also found in many residences. Usually this shelf is clickable, but this one is not. In addition, this shelf is sometimes clickable in residences as private property, so you might want to double check that the IDs of this shelf are in the private property list as well. I have 15 more towns to check out in the Daggerfall region then I'll move on to another. As usual, I've included a photo.
Attachments
holmarket.png
holmarket.png (280.24 KiB) Viewed 3259 times

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

In classic, the third-story shelves usually do not carry merchandise. Expected behavior would be no interaction. :)

Aeuc

Post by Aeuc »

While running from town to town in just the Daggerfall region, I've seen at least fifty third-story shelves carry merchandise in Daggerfall Unity. I just found another clickable shop on a top floor. Below is the location of this one, I assumed when the other one was not clickable that it needed fixed. Should I start keeping track of these third-story shops so they can be changed to not clickable?

Shop: The Kings Elixirs (top floor)
Town: Crosstry
Region: Daggerfall

Edit: I didn't take a photo because this one that is clickable looks like the shelf in my previous post.

ifkopifko

Post by ifkopifko »

Hey there, just checked vanilla behaviour of the mentioned pawnshop in Holmarket, and it is indeed clickable and carries merchandise.