Build #103 Not receiving Brisiennas letter [NOT REPRODUCED]

GrumpyElk

Build #103 Not receiving Brisiennas letter [NOT REPRODUCED]

Post by GrumpyElk »

After escaping privateers den i did quests for the fighters guild and progressed in game probably between two weeks and a month. I now rented a room and progressed time 99 hours * 2.

I still havent received Brisiennas letter (I think the second story line quest?). No pop up with the messenger. No item in my inventory. No entry in the log book.

When i played an earlier stable build (The first stable build when the main quest was fully playable) i did receive the letter and could meet with the lady.

Dont know if this was intentionally disabled with the work in progress builds. Just thought it could be a bug.

Interkarma

Re: Build #103 Not receiving Brisiennas letter

Post by Interkarma »

When starting the game, did you approve the popup to start main quest? This is still optional at this time.

You can see what quests are running using the quest debugger (left shift+tab). Use the bracket keys [ and ] to cycle back and forward through available quests. If you started the main quest, you will have the quests S0000999 and _BRISIEN set as "running" in your game.

I just quickly started a new game then and received letter normally after initial offer time elapsed. I was then able to meet with Lady Brisienna at the random tavern selected.

Edit: By the way, the letter can take up to 14 days to arrive. You also need to be in town, outside, during daylight hours to receive the letter. Are you sure you met the conditions? :)

GrumpyElk

Re: Build #103 Not receiving Brisiennas letter [NOT REPRODUCED]

Post by GrumpyElk »

No, clearly my mistake and not a bug. Now I am quite certain i did not approve the pop up.
I thought it was for testing the main quest only, would teleport me to quest locations with a premade character and i wanted to play a regular game from the beginning. Clicked accidentally and didnt read careful enough.

Sorry to have sent you on a wild goose chase!
Is there a way to opt into the quest line later on, or do i have to start from the beginning?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you for confirming!

If not already running, you can start main quest again by opening the console (press the backquote/tilde key) and entering:

Code: Select all

startquest _brisien
That should kick the whole process off again.

GrumpyElk

Post by GrumpyElk »

That works. I first received the Wayrest letter, then the one from Brisienna.
Thank you!