Build #104 Resting, Entering buildings causes enemy spawns [CLOSED]

ClownCar

Build #104 Resting, Entering buildings causes enemy spawns [CLOSED]

Post by ClownCar »

Resting and entering/exiting buildings will cause enemies to spawn, though not always.
This includes resting in an inn and exiting the inn to the town.

Examples
#1: In the starting privateer dungeon random enemies would spawn after resting. Sometimes up to 3 enemies at a time. Only enemies that are normally present in the dungeon would spawn. It seemed to have no limit and I exited the dungeon with a ludicrous amount of loot.
#2: While doing a quest to kill "monsters" in a shop I killed a spider, left and talked to the NPC who gave me my reward. I then rested in the Inn and was interrupted when two spiders and a rat spawned next to me. After resting a second time, more enemies. No more enemies after resting the third time.

Interkarma

Re: Build #104 Resting, Entering buildings causes enemy spawns

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums, and thank you for the report. :)
ClownCar wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:21 pm #1: In the starting privateer dungeon random enemies would spawn after resting. Sometimes up to 3 enemies at a time. Only enemies that are normally present in the dungeon would spawn. It seemed to have no limit and I exited the dungeon with a ludicrous amount of loot.
Random spawns are normal in dungeons, even in classic. But sounds like the frequency could do with some tuning.
ClownCar wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:21 pm #2: While doing a quest to kill "monsters" in a shop I killed a spider, left and talked to the NPC who gave me my reward. I then rested in the Inn and was interrupted when two spiders and a rat spawned next to me. After resting a second time, more enemies. No more enemies after resting the third time.
While it's possible for quests to place spawns near player at any time, that doesn't sound like the problem here. I will investigate when I can.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Yeah, spawns are a bit high compared to classic, personally I like the rate, but it's way more than classic, so I dunno...
It seems to be lvl based too, as all I ever got were knights, and such..
New chars are gonna have a hard time though methinks..
Just my 2 cents guys :)
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Confirming bug where intermittent spawns happen in normal building interiors. The chance for a random spawn in dungeons also needs fixing.

I've added some comments to the PR where this feature was added and will work with contributor to get this tightened up as soon as possible and issue a new build.

Thanks again. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I've released new builds that relax resting dungeon spawns a fair bit. Your rest will now be broken when first enemy spawns, rather than waking to 4 enemies at once! And the frequency of resting dungeon spawns has been reduced by around 20%.

There's also been a little tuning to how spawns are released so they don't appear right on top of player.

I haven't been able to reproduce enemies spawning while going in and out of buildings again. Within locations, they should only spawn outside at night. I'll leave this bug report open until this is confirmed resolved. Will continue to investigate if this problem continues.

ClownCar

Post by ClownCar »

That's good to hear! Thank you so much for your hard work. I absolutely love the idea of this project and when it's complete it's going to be amazing.