Build #107 24-Apr-18 - Crash on quest turn-in (symptom: can't rest) [RESOLVED]

Ajanddino

Post by Ajanddino »

I can't heal at all in the new build. Tried resting in a inn and fighting guild could not get it work.

Interkarma

Re: Build #107 24-Apr-18 - Not Healing

Post by Interkarma »

Hi Ajanddino, welcome to the forums. :)

Restoring health by resting definitely works in latest builds - I just ran a quick test then to be sure. Please make sure you're resting by invoking the rest window (default key is R) and using the "rest for a while" or "until fully healed" options. Loitering does not restore health.

You will also need to have rest capability (e.g. have rented a room in the tavern or be a member of the Fighters Guild). If you try to rest within city limits, the watch will try to arrest you for vagrancy.

You can rest freely in dungeons or wilderness but may be harassed by random spawns. You will also recover health while fast travelling, provided you choose the "cautious" option.

You can also restore health by way of magic. This is currently the focus of latest test builds. You can invoke spellmaker using "showspellmaker" from console and creating a healing spell, then casting it from your spellbook (default key is Backspace). All spells are currently free to create and cast at this time.

Please let me know if you still have issues resting and recovering health, and I'll be happy to try and help further. Good luck!

Ajanddino

Re: Build #107 24-Apr-18 - Not Healing [NOT REPRODUCED]

Post by Ajanddino »

Okay so I loaded up daggerfall unity, and loaded my save and tried resting again but I was still not healing. So I loaded a earlier save of the same character and tried to restored my health and it worked. Then I found out that there was a anther bug that I was experiencing that made it to where I was not healing when resting. When I got the main (side) quest "Mynisera's Letters" I went to the dungeon and got the letter (There was only one I could find, but it held all of the other letters.) from under the trap door.

When I returned I tried to talk to the queen of daggerfall (Queen Aubk-i), no dialogue or anything showed up. And the letter was gone from my inventory! Right after that the healing bug started to appear. Hope you can recreate this one, thanks for time hope I am not wasting it!

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Hey, I actually saw this quite awhile ago, but it only happend once, and just sorta went away.
It saw something like this so maybe It was when I was testing mq.
If thats the case, testing it shouldent be a problem, but I remember something like this happend to me.
If I remember correctly, it was a new build, so I thought that was it, maybe not..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Ah, this sounds like we're getting somewhere! :)

Ajanddino, would you be able to send me a copy of your save game with the problem? Check the manual for where to find save games, or just let us know here and we'll be able to help.

It sounds like something has crashed in the quest machine, which is throwing the game loop for a spin. So resting is a symptom of another problem rather than the problem itself. I should be able to diagnose and fix with an affected save.

Cheers!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Just a quick update for you on this one, I've managed to reproduce the bug thanks to Ajanddino sending me a save game. It's related to a text macro crashing out when handing in quest. The inability to rest is just a symptom of this bug messing up the game loop.

Edit: This will be fixed in next build. It was a problem with dialog expansion not being able to provide a god name for questor (in this case Aubk-i) as it was only looking for last Person resource referenced in dialog stream. I added handling for current questor and a random fall-through as the previous fall-through was crashing game.

If you load this save game up after next round of builds, you should be able to hand in quest and continue playing normally. Thank you for the report. :)

Highyena

Re: Build #107 24-Apr-18 - Crash on quest turn-in (symptom: can't rest) [RESOLVED]

Post by Highyena »

Hey, I'm not sure if the forthcoming fix only affects the specific quest or not, but if so, I should mention that I've also found this bug occurring with the "Cyndassa the Werebeast" quest. Instead of occurring when turning in the quest though, it happens upon accepting it. You'll be given the request prompt from the maid, but selecting "Yes" ends the dialogue. You'll still have the quest registered in your log, but the healing problem will occur (only with resting, not during travel).

Interkarma

Re: Build #107 24-Apr-18 - Crash on quest turn-in (symptom: can't rest) [RESOLVED]

Post by Interkarma »

If it's the same bug (resolving a %god variable in popup text) this should also be fixed in next build.

Please let me know if it persists from next builds. And I'll definitely loop back and test this myself when I can.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Just letting you know new builds are going up now containing this fix.

Highyena

Post by Highyena »

Can confirm. Just turned in the "Letters" quest and immediately accepted the "Werebeast" quest, no problems.