Build #107 Minor map bug [RESOLVED]

Interkarma

Re: Build #107 Minor map bug [RESOLVED]

Post by Interkarma »

That is an excellent question I don't have a good answer for. :)

Channel1

Post by Channel1 »

Didn't think this was worth another post. Build #110 although the bars disappear, you still can't click on locations, or switch to other regions if your cursor is where the bars previously were.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

That's interesting, thanks for letting me know.

Those panels are definitely gone, so it won't be an invisible UI element obscuring clicks. My feeling is the mouse sampling is only looking at the interior area as if panels are still in place.

Mouse sample on zoom needs a tune-up anyway, as location hotspots are slightly misaligned from mouse. I'll reopen this one and leave it open until I can look at it in a polishing pass.

Channel1

Post by Channel1 »

Interkarma wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 2:15 am Mouse sample on zoom needs a tune-up anyway, as location hotspots are slightly misaligned from mouse. I'll reopen this one and leave it open until I can look at it in a polishing pass.
I'm looking forward to this. :D

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Interkermit wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 2:27 am
Interkarma wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 2:15 am Mouse sample on zoom needs a tune-up anyway, as location hotspots are slightly misaligned from mouse. I'll reopen this one and leave it open until I can look at it in a polishing pass.
I'm looking forward to this. :D
Man, I thought I was going nuts with the misaligned hotspots on the map, thank you Interkarma.
Sorry to barge in, but I had to say it.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Interkarma

Re: Build #107 Minor map bug

Post by Interkarma »

I know guys, it's really annoying. It's just one of those minor things that I keep meaning to look at. :)

Hazelnut

Re: Build #107 Minor map bug

Post by Hazelnut »

Interkarma wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:31 am I know guys, it's really annoying. It's just one of those minor things that I keep meaning to look at. :)
Me too, well that and hoping some else fixes it first! lol
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I've resolved both of the issues in this thread. From next builds you will be able to select locations under where the side panels used to be, and I've fixed that slight alignment problem when mousing over location dots as well.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Not sure it's been reported but the region "Betony" is very buggy when you zoom in on the map. When you are zoomed in, it selects other regions instead of anything in Betony. Usually it selects around the desert regions in the game.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Kamer wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:00 pm Not sure it's been reported but the region "Betony" is very buggy when you zoom in on the map. When you are zoomed in, it selects other regions instead of anything in Betony. Usually it selects around the desert regions in the game.
Feel free to open a new bug report for this if you wish. Please don't add different issues to an existing bug report. This thread has already killed the one bug per topic guideline. Cheers. :)