Build #107 Minor map bug [RESOLVED]

Channel1

Build #107 Minor map bug [RESOLVED]

Post by Channel1 »

Build #107
When you zoom in on a region in the world map in classic the decorative side bars disappear, but they don't in Daggerfall Unity.
Last edited by Channel1 on Fri May 04, 2018 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Re: Build #107 Minor map bug

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you for the close observation and report. :)

This is an intentional change however as the decorative side bars can cover up locations in classic. Removing the bars is actually fixing a bug from classic.

Channel1

Post by Channel1 »

Interkarma wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 1:58 am Thank you for the close observation and report. :)

This is an intentional change however as the decorative side bars can cover up locations in classic. Removing the bars is actually fixing a bug from classic.
No, I mean when you zoom in inside a region, I tested in classic.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

That is exactly what I mean. The decorative side bars obscure location dots in classic when zoomed in at the very extents of world map. This was an intentional change.

Edit: Unless I have that backwards and you're saying the bars don't disappear in Daggerfall Unity? My apologies if I've misunderstood.

Channel1

Post by Channel1 »

Interkarma wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:28 am That is exactly what I mean. This was an intentional change.
I think we are talking about different things here, I'm not talking about it the zoomed out view where you can see the entire bay. I'm talking about the view where you are looking at a specific region, and then click the right mouse button to zoom in. When you zoom when you are already inside a region, the side bars disappear in classic.

Channel1

Post by Channel1 »

Interkarma wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:28 am That is exactly what I mean. The decorative side bars obscure location dots in classic when zoomed in at the very extents of world map. This was an intentional change.

Edit: Unless I have that backwards and you're saying the bars don't disappear in Daggerfall Unity? My apologies if I've misunderstood.
Yes, I'm saying they don't dissapear in Daggerfall Unity.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for letting me know, I've fixed this now. My misunderstanding was that I remembered things the other way around. :)

Channel1

Post by Channel1 »

Interkarma wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:43 am Thanks for letting me know, I've fixed this now. My misunderstanding was that I remembered things the other way around. :)
Good to know, sorry for not being to clear.

Interkarma

Re: Build #107 Minor map bug [RESOLVED]

Post by Interkarma »

Nah, you were pretty clear in first post. I was just suffering from faulty memory and it obscured my ability to comprehend for a bit. Thanks for persisting until it got through.

BansheeXYZ

Re: Build #107 Minor map bug [RESOLVED]

Post by BansheeXYZ »

As a side note, does anyone know why the original programmers bothered with the sidebars on the unzoomed provincial map?