Quest Showcase

For all talk about quests. Creating, testing, bugs, and development progress.
Jay_H

Re: Quest Showcase

Postby Jay_H » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:30 pm

Thank you :) I agree. I hope DFU gets to the point that when you enter a new city and meet new people, you'll always have something new to do.
Come give your feedback on the ideas in my general thread, and share your DFU characters in the character thread.
Quest-writing tutorial here. Guide for new Daggerfall players here.
Luzur

Postby Luzur » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:04 pm

Btw guys, will the older, different quest packs be able to still be installed (CompUSA questpack etc) or even implemented into some quest mod?
"Load the muskets"
Interkarma

Postby Interkarma » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:20 pm

Luzur wrote:Btw guys, will the older, different quest packs be able to still be installed (CompUSA questpack etc) or even implemented into some quest mod?

Rather than use the binary .QRC and .QBN files directly, I opted to build on the intermediate scripting language used by Donald Tipton for TEMPLATE v1.11. Any binary quests can be decompiled using TEMPLATE and dropped into the Daggerfall Unity StreamingResources/Quests folder. And new quests can be written in that language and compiled directly at runtime by Daggerfall Unity using a console command.

I've bundled a fairly comprehensive set of quests with the game download. The default Daggerfall Unity zip includes the 16x CompUSA quests (link here for anyone who doesn't know them). However, not all can be handed out until guilds are fully developed. The Fighters Guild should be handing out their CompUSA quests now through their usual questor.

The download also contains community-made quest fixes in addition to some patches of my own made during the quest build-out process. This will likely be an ongoing process as people add new quests and fix old ones. Modders can also inject new quests and quest actions into the engine.

Here's a list of the community fixes integrated with the quest scripts in Daggerfall Unity.

• FixedQuests by Donald Tipton
  • DFQFIX 3.3 by PRDLF
  • Q0C00Y03 Fix by GhanBuriGhan

The other community-made quest packs can be decompiled and included at a later date. I had enough on my plate at the time and decided to stick with Core+CompUSA+Fixes in the default loadout. :)

Return to “Quest Hub”