(0.10.24) To Kill an Ambassador (QP1)

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Hellmasker

(0.10.24) To Kill an Ambassador (QP1)

Post by Hellmasker »

So.. I recieved this Quest from the Brotherhood, went to the Wayrest Palace and got approached by the magician - however, after the line "She leans in closer" - nothing happens at all. Quest not any longer in the journal and nothing to go on by. Tried waiting, just stepping outside and waiting - nothing happens at all.

Now, I don't recall having done this one before... maybe I did, and due to the "select quest" thingy I could just start it again but it won't advance anymore... But I felt like I should mention it anyway.

Edit: It seems that this quest in particular has two phases, (JHDB021) and (JHDB021a) - the second one, I can't even start with the startquest command.
Asgar Hellmasker, Silencer of the Dark Brotherhood

Jay_H

Re: (0.10.24) To Kill an Ambassador (QP1)

Post by Jay_H »

Darn it, that's too bad. 021a is supposed to start right then, but something's preventing that from happening. Could you post a save game right before you get to the yes/no prompt with her?

Hellmasker

Post by Hellmasker »

Of course, here you go :)

I also noted that other quests that have an "a" behind it won't initialize... tried for fun to load up JHFG027a and that would yield me the "could not find quest" output... I have the sneaking suspicion that it has something to do with the added letter somehow..
Attachments
SAVE3.zip
(285.11 KiB) Downloaded 127 times

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Thank you for the very detailed feedback, that's quite useful :) I'll have to see about these "a" cases and see what's gone wrong. They used to work...

The thing about startquest is that it'll only read from the "Quests" folder, not "QuestPacks." I just tried moving 021a into Quests and doing the startquest there, and it worked for me on both 0.10.24 and 0.10.25. You could give that a try.

Hellmasker

Post by Hellmasker »

Buuuuut... I can initialize the ones without an "a" via the command... and that works fine...

Edit: On the plus side, the quest continues if I put it in the regular quests folder.