Test Build Incoming

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Interkarma

Test Build Incoming

Post by Interkarma »

Just letting everyone know that I'm closing in on the first real test build for quest system. Here's a summary of how it works:
  • Visit any Fighter Guild (there's one in Gothway Garden if starting a new character).
  • Speak with the usual quest giver to grab a random quest from a curated list of Fighter Guild quests. Available quests are selected to be "mostly working".
The key reason I'm involving a quest giver at this early stage is that most quests require it. They simply won't compile unless delivered by an NPC to act as the quest giver in that storyline. You usually have to return to quest giver to get a reward and complete quest.

Fighter Guild quests are also nice and self-contained and rather direct.

What I'll be looking for are quests that break in ways I don't expect. Testing will help flush out some early problems I don't know exist. A limited pool of quests also helps me control the scope of what is being tested.

I'll post more information once this build is closer to ready. You can expect to see it in the next 2-3 weeks though. :)

Jay_H

Re: Test Build Incoming

Post by Jay_H »

Oh man, just last night I was dreaming about having a 90% functional Daggerfall Unity (likely based on what you and Nystul wrote recently), and I was telling myself how awesome it was to work combat and quests together in a self-contained universe.

No pressure ;)