Daggerfall Unity 0.4.x - "Fighters" Update

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
CM August

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.4.x - "Fighters" Update

Post by CM August »

In this particular case (I still have it running), all attempts to coax them out of their spot have failed, both before and after killing one. Even walking right over the top of them (which is quite funny since you noticeably step up) won't make them budge; they just continue walking in place. As you say, at least there's the killall command.

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

Thanks for the head-up - quite the unintended consequence. :)

I've reverted that change and will reissue builds shortly.
Great!

Moot point now, but
And they'll be doubled again if you save and load again
was inaccurate. What I meant to say was that you would get the armor value added again, so
original + (original * (number of saves and loads))

but whatever :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

CM August wrote:In this particular case (I still have it running), all attempts to coax them out of their spot have failed, both before and after killing one. Even walking right over the top of them (which is quite funny since you noticeably step up) won't make them budge; they just continue walking in place. As you say, at least there's the killall command.
Bummer. :(

I've written a fix for this now. Interiors without spawn points will now use the more flexible free placement (which tries its best to avoid placing things inside things). But I've already kicked off cloud builds to fix Allofich's bug, so the spawn fix will be in the next round of builds after the ones I'm about to post.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

R.D. wrote: but whatever :)
Aye, thanks for letting me know! :)

CM August

Post by CM August »

Interkarma wrote:Bummer. :(

I've written a fix for this now. Interiors without spawn points will now use the more flexible free placement (which tries its best to avoid placing things inside things). But I've already kicked off cloud builds to fix Allofich's bug, so the spawn fix will be in the next round of builds after the ones I'm about to post.
No worries mate. I've done a number of these infestation quests and this is the first time it's happened. Thanks a bunch for having a fix already lined up :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Build updated now. I've just pulled the builds with the buggy armour save issue.

If anyone happened to save a new game with the previous build, don't fret. The dud data will be ignored next time you load and removed from future saves.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

The gold coins clink now! :)

As I've been running around, I've noticed character movement is a bit slippery. It has an acceleration and deceleration that I don't remember from classic. Is that a placeholder mechanic or a permanent addition?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

There's a very minor amount of acceleration and deceleration. This is essential for keyboard controls to provide fine movement forwards (try inching gradually towards a drop in classic vs DFU sometime).

I'd hardly call it slippery though, it's very short. It's also been there since build 0.0.1 as well. :)

There was a camera smoothing fix by murderbeard a few weeks ago, maybe that's what you're noticing? Compare to a pre-Fighters build and let me know, as that's been the only change to movement recently. Cheers.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

True, it's the acceleration that I notice, not the deceleration. One of the biggest problems with classic was the inability to edge close to something without moving half a pace forward and falling off. Big quality of life improvement now that I understand it.

Also, you recently implemented the main menu shortcuts for loading and new game! Some little things make me happy :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

A contributor added those a while back, I can't take credit. Would have to look back through commits to remind me who put them in though. It's harder to recall all the small fixes like this one.