The Quest Prompt Thread

For all talk about quests. Creating, testing, bugs, and development progress.
User avatar
Jay_H
Posts: 935
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:54 am

Re: The Quest Prompt Thread

Postby Jay_H » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:27 pm

Yes, absolutely. That's a better idea :)
Come give your feedback on the ideas in my general thread, and share your DFU characters in the character thread.
Quest-writing tutorial here. Guide for new Daggerfall players here. Daggerfall Mechanics thread here.
User avatar
Feralwarlord
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:08 am

Re: The Quest Prompt Thread

Postby Feralwarlord » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:37 am

Knights Quest: Necromancer Incursion

Recently there's been a string of murders in town, it turns out that a necromancer has snuck into town and is turning our citizens into an army of the undead.
Patrol the streets at night and kill the necromancer and his/her army of the undead
Reward: gold, reputation
User avatar
Jay_H
Posts: 935
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:54 am

Re: The Quest Prompt Thread

Postby Jay_H » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:45 am

Hmm, I'm thinking about how to implement this one. I think I'll discover the necromancer through dialogue with people in town... It may have to wait until that's in game, but I'll take that idea up.
Come give your feedback on the ideas in my general thread, and share your DFU characters in the character thread.
Quest-writing tutorial here. Guide for new Daggerfall players here. Daggerfall Mechanics thread here.
CM August
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:11 am

Re: The Quest Prompt Thread

Postby CM August » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:52 pm

Fighters Guild Quest: A man has been forced to flee his rural home after it was occupied by a group of Nymphs. Exactly how this came to pass is unclear, and a point of much innuendo and gossip among the townsfolk. At any rate the Fighters Guild has been paid to remove them. You can slay them as normal (on the first blow they put a scripted curse on you so it's not a cakewalk - when magic is implemented of course), or alternatively track down a known scholar of Nymph-lore in the region. He's not prepared to go traveling with you, but suggests that confronting them while presenting a certain herb of the forest (which he gives you) and saying some choice words in the Nymph language (which he tells you) might convince them to leave. It's not guaranteed to work, but if it does, they leave without a fight. Return to the guild to receive your usual gold reward.

Pipe dream 1: new quest system condition which performs an action when PC's designated stat is > (or <) a certain percentage. In this case, a third quest path is available: if the player's Nymph skill is high enough, you will have the option to speak to them in their own language whether you've visited the scholar or not (the Nymphs also furnish you with their side of the story, including the embarrassing details of how the owner had foolishly tried to lure them to his property). On top of that, if your Personality is high enough, they may reveal the location of a coven they treat with, or even gift you a magic item.

Pipe dream 2: new quest system action which awards x experience to x skill; the quest paths that have you talk to the Nymphs award some experience to your Nymph skill.
User avatar
Jay_H
Posts: 935
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:54 am

Re: The Quest Prompt Thread

Postby Jay_H » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:28 pm

CM August wrote:Pipe dream 1: new quest system condition which performs an action when PC's designated stat is > (or <) a certain percentage. In this case, a third quest path is available: if the player's Nymph skill is high enough, you will have the option to speak to them in their own language whether you've visited the scholar or not (the Nymphs also furnish you with their side of the story, including the embarrassing details of how the owner had foolishly tried to lure them to his property). On top of that, if your Personality is high enough, they may reveal the location of a coven they treat with, or even gift you a magic item.

Pipe dream 2: new quest system action which awards x experience to x skill; the quest paths that have you talk to the Nymphs award some experience to your Nymph skill.

I certainly hope that, at least within the mid-long term, someone will mod in skill-based conditions :)

Fighters Guild quest: 0-10 rep. Take a weapon to a member who's about to enter a dungeon.

Innkeeper quest: The innkeeper fears he/she is being pursued by a murderer/headhunter. The innkeeper travels with the PC until such time as the murderer tracks them down.

Necromancer quest: Go down into a dungeon and slay a wraith/ghost of particular value to the faction, and bring it back in a soul gem.

Necromancer quest: Find a mid-level mage in the region wanted by the faction for his/her knowledge. 50/50 chance of being cowardly and willing or of being belligerent, leading to combat. Escort (dead or alive) to questgiver for reward.

Innkeeper quest: Buy a treasure map leading into a regional dungeon. Reward could be gold, a magical item, or junk. [COMPLETED]

Innkeeper quest: The merchant excitedly tells you he/she has met a member of the Necromancers and asks you if you want to join the cult. 75% chance of being some fledgling nobody, 25% chance of being an undead in disguise, and in either case the PC must defend him/herself from attack.
Come give your feedback on the ideas in my general thread, and share your DFU characters in the character thread.
Quest-writing tutorial here. Guide for new Daggerfall players here. Daggerfall Mechanics thread here.

Return to “Quest Hub”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest