Only issue I have found so far..

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Midknightprince

Only issue I have found so far..

Post by Midknightprince »

So I completed what we have so far, saved before giving medora the Unicorn horn, finnished it that night.
Next day, when I loaded that save, the quest timer had stopped, resting didn't work (wouldnt heal up, and was extremely accelerated), talking to Modora did nothing, but purgingallquests fixed it all.
But so far that's it, and I can't seem to raise my guy's str above 95 (Nord Barbarian), haven't got that far with other stats so I can't confirm every one.

But... and here's the thing, I was working off of Daggerfall setup with pretty much everything included except eye of argonia, so I'm thinking the skill fix that's included with the set-up version was messing things up.
I plan on starting a new guy, leveling up and seeing what I can find because I reinstalled setup with only adding the performance thing and the dark elves skins for Morgiah and stuff.
If you want the save, I can do that.
But I think I can help more if I just start over and play test again before wasting your time because like I said I think it's that skill fix stuff in the setup version.
Opinions ?
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Jay_H

Re: Only issue I have found so far..

Post by Jay_H »

Midknightprince wrote:So I completed what we have so far, saved before giving medora the Unicorn horn, finnished it that night.
Next day, when I loaded that save, the quest timer had stopped, resting didn't work (wouldnt heal up, and was extremely accelerated), talking to Modora did nothing, but purgingallquests fixed it all.
It's pretty good you made it that far! Right now Medora is out of scope, so this'll get resolved in the future once quest triggers are a bit more sophisticated. But it's good to see the game can resolve up to that point at least.
Midknightprince wrote:But so far that's it, and I can't seem to raise my guy's str above 95 (Nord Barbarian), haven't got that far with other stats so I can't confirm every one. But... and here's the thing, I was working off of Daggerfall setup with pretty much everything included except eye of argonia, so I'm thinking the skill fix that's included with the set-up version was messing things up.
I plan on starting a new guy, leveling up and seeing what I can find because I reinstalled setup with only adding the performance thing and the dark elves skins for Morgiah and stuff.
If you want the save, I can do that.
But I think I can help more if I just start over and play test again before wasting your time because like I said I think it's that skill fix stuff in the setup version.
Opinions ?
The leveling module created by Allofich works independent of classic, so that shouldn't be an issue. Can you tell what specifically is happening so you can't raise strength above 95? If you import a character at 96 or 94 strength and level up, what happens there?

Midknightprince

I started a new guy ( Pure Daggerfallunity).
Let me get his stats up and see what happens (without doing the main quest stuff)
It could be something on my end, and I'm talking about the skill fix unofficial, packed in with Daggerfallsetup (which I uninstalled), is that the same thing your talking about ?
I finnished "what we have so far" twice, but purgeallquests, and doing the main over starts my guy at lvl 1 (which I knew about beforhand), so I start leveling up to reflect my stats, which hes at lvl 12 (and I get stat points to spend everytime until im back to that lvl) never tried the lvl up in the console stuff which in hindsight I probably should have.
Seems to work like zconfig?
I'm thinking he may be broken (since hes from the old dfsetup install), but I'll grind to lvl 13, see what happens, before reposting.
Hopefully I can figure it out on my own (which thats just me man) before distracting you further because I messed up on my dfsetup install (yeah, EVERYTHING but eye was installed).

So just a quick recap, I started main at lvl 6, finnished, then did again (both times leveling up to reflect skills), saving and loading at lvl to get the 6 points, second time, went from 6 to 12 while waiting for letter (tho I got the other two untimed summons).
Sorry for long post but I just want to be thorough.
Last edited by Midknightprince on Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Midknightprince

Oh yeah, and I leveled him from 6 to 12 after main backbone stuff was started, while waiting for the "meet Magnesan (sorry spelling sucks, hope I got that right) in the tavern" letter.

Delete this one, because I cant, sorry guys
Last edited by Midknightprince on Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Midknightprince

I'll also do what you asked get my guy in classic to 96 or above and import, let you know what happens, but this may take awhile...just an fyi

Midknightprince

OK, can't seem to raise any stats above 95, started a new guy from the fresh install of setup, grinded, still no 95 +.
Used my old guy to try and raise another stat, see if it was just str, still capped at 95 (luck).
I have a save from classic a guy sent me, who has str above 100 (edited somehow), those stats didn't change, still above 100 (like 150 or 200 actually).
So it doesn't seem to be on my end, or the skillfix from Daggerfallsetup, nor the releveling when you get set at lvl 1 when starting main quest stuff from new build, because I didn't do that with the new guy.
Has anyone got a stat up above 95 yet ?
Maybe I just have to reinstall Unity?
But when I installed 77 I just removed the old build (drag and drop to desktop, no copy and paste), and extracted the new one in its place (same folder).

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I can confirm there's an issue with raising attributes/stats above 95. This will be fixed in next live build. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Midknightprince

Interkarma wrote:I can confirm there's an issue with raising attributes/stats above 95. This will be fixed in next live build. Thanks for letting me know. :)
Sweet, that's awesome.
Didn't want to have to reinstall Unity..
So do you know if the skillfix packed in with Daggerfallsetup works in this ?
Like I want to reinstall that stuff, but don't know if it's even gonna do anything..
It say's the default install of Daggerfallsetup, don't know what that mean's.
I know about the eye of argonia thing, but what about the rest of the stuff ?
Just asking...thanks man, you're awesome.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Anything that operates on classic's FALL.EXE is not used by Daggerfall Unity, as it's a totally different code base. This includes the .exe hacks that allow skills and attributes to be raised above 100.

Midknightprince

Interkarma wrote:Anything that operates on classic's FALL.EXE is not used by Daggerfall Unity, as it's a totally different code base. This includes the .exe hacks that allow skills and attributes to be raised above 100.
Awesome, THANK YOU ! :D

Dark elves work tho..