Quest Showcase

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Jay_H

Re: Quest Showcase

Post by Jay_H »

JHPQ009: A creature like out of a story book has shown up in a regional home. Will you help it by bringing peace to its home?

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

For awhile I've had some curiosity about The Fey and what they could be purposed for. I'm using them as a link to a druid-type questline, though this is all I've imagined for it so far. This is the last questline I've planned for now, so soon I'll be going back to standalone quests.
MrDowntempo wrote:Necromancer Giants!?!?! No thank you, I think I'll just label that 'don't go here' on MY map.
Hey, now that you gave me the idea, I've got to create some Necromancer giants :lol:

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey, nice use of an unusual faction type there!
Jay_H wrote:Hey, now that you gave me the idea, I've got to create some Necromancer giants :lol:
As long as it's not fast-moving zombie ninja clowns, I should be able to handle it.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Thanks :) I have some plans for a lot of the forgotten factions in Daggerfall. There should be material enough for hundreds of quests when we spread ourselves out enough.
Interkarma wrote:As long as it's not fast-moving zombie ninja clowns, I should be able to handle it.
Movie reference? ;)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Jay_H wrote:Movie reference? ;)
Yep, but maybe not the one you were thinking of. :) While rewatching Zombieland, my wife and I were discussing whether we thought slow-moving hordes of zombies were more or less terrifying than a small number of fast-moving zombies. I mentioned the fast zombies in Half-Life 2, which also climbs walls like a ninja, and that one pretty much sealed it. She said, "well at least they aren't clowns as well". :lol:

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Definitely not the one I was thinking of :) Now you got me thinking about Crimson Head from the Resident Evil 1 remake. And now I'm not going to think about it any longer. :lol:

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Hazelnut wrote:Okay, done. %pg, %pg1, %pg2, %pg2self, %pg3 all availiable.
%pg1 = his/her (you're welcome :D )

You will need to wait for the PR to get merged into master.. so tomorrow probably. Then please test it out.
I finally took some time to test the new pronouns out :D And they work perfectly. Thank you for doing this.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

JHKN009: A cult of giants in the region has gained some minor skill with necromancy. You are sent to end this cult.

Image Image Image Image Image

I couldn't help myself. During this quest the necromancy takes a back seat to the giants. In my last test run, only two undead spawned. However, since wraiths can be dangerous to lower-level characters, I think that's appropriate. If they needed to, players can just kill the giants and flee the wraiths. I hope the undead twist differentiates it enough from the Fighters Guild and Mages Guild giant-slaying quests.
Last edited by Jay_H on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

You did it! You glorious mad-man! :lol:

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Like I said, if I get a good idea in my head, I can have the quest uploaded in half an hour :) Now I've got to go back to the drawing board and bring up some less-obvious ideas.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Well I just finished PQ004, now I see a new build out :lol:
I thought I was done for the day, guess not.
I do not mind at all :D
I'm gonna check these new ones out straight away.
the Archaeologists' are friggin hilarious, and yep, vid incoming as usual.
That's a good mix up Jay.
I completed, and failed just to see what happend, and it did :lol:

Interkarma, you rule, and Jay_H, you rule !

Thank you, thank you, thank you :D
Check out my YouTube Channel!