Quest Showcase

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Interkarma

Re: Quest Showcase

Post by Interkarma »

I like how you think. I love any sort of branching gameplay that makes me want to come back and try a different way next time. And then consequences... this guy gets its. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

JHPQ017: Perpetual quest. What do you do when you're minding your own business, and two orcs come up behind you and want to take you hostage?

Image Image Image Image

This is the first custom quest to use the "teleport pc" quest action. I have more plans for teleportation! Beware if you attempt to resist your captors, since it may not be so easy...

Note: The "teleport pc" action currently causes an occasional bug inside the dungeon automap. Not using the map during this quest is recommended.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

JHMG005: A student recently uncovered a curious relic with magical etchings on the side. They need you to test the powerful effect it contains.

Image Image Image

More teleporting! I'm not tired of it yet. I think it has potential to break up monotony.

Note: The "teleport pc" action currently causes an occasional bug inside the dungeon automap. Not using the map during this quest is recommended.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

@Jay_H
I'm going to update the quests folder with the latest compilations (yes I've been watching :D)
Any quests that I shouldn't mess with, or are they all good to go ?
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

As far as I remember, everything in the folder should be at least beta-worthy. For now, if you enter a quest that teleports you somewhere like with the last two, just avoid using the dungeon map. I think that's all the precaution I have. I'll look forward to it! :) But no rush, I have plenty of material I'll be working on in the next few days.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Jay_H wrote: just avoid using the dungeon map..
This is going to be insane :lol:
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

JHMG006: Mages Guild quest. The guild has asked you to take an odd magical item that the ordinary guild members can't identify to a dungeon for an expert to work on it.

Image Image Image

More choice-based narrative! I like doing this to suit each character's personality. I'll have to figure out how to do it more often.

Known bug: The NPC does not disappear when intended to.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

JHIM008: A fool has crossed a witch coven too many times. You can try to help him satisfy their rage, but don't take too long...

Image Image

This is my first time using the chaining quest timers Interkarma devised. They work quite well! It never feels like you have to rush, but there's still a sense of urgency. It usually gives about a 20% cushion on a one-way cautious trip. The writing on this quest feels insipid, but hey, it's functional.

Known bug: the questgiver will not disappear as intended.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

JHIM010: A local merchant has gotten his/her hands on a document supposedly leading to a lost treasure. Will you be the one to find it?

Image Image Image Image Image

For now the quest doesn't actually charge the price, since it isn't implemented in DFU yet. There's a 1/3 chance of getting a very nice gold sum, and the other rewards are okay too. I had to use a large sack as the clicked item since some of the objects are invisible in gameplay, and I think this works well enough.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Very nice job, more quests and new types are really important because DFU is basically a game you can play for ever .)