Custom quest support

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Jay_H

Custom quest support

Post by Jay_H »

This topic will be dedicated to questions about how to work out problems in custom quests.

I have an issue with a quest I'm writing, where "pick one" fails on an "injured" condition.

Code: Select all

_inj_ task:
          injured _barb_
          pick one of _ene1_ _ene2_

_ene1_ task:
          say 1023

_ene2_ task:
          say 1024
          create foe _enemy_ every 1 minutes 1 times with 100% success
I've tried doing this half a dozen ways, and they all fail. The rest of the quest works perfectly until this point. Is this something that can be worked out in the future, or just a limitation I'm unaware of?

"injured -> say ####" does work on the three other nearly identical quests I made, so I know it is implemented in Vengeance.

(Quest reference)

Interkarma

Re: Custom quest support

Post by Interkarma »

That's interesting, both the injured condition and pick action work individually, and should work in this way also. Sounds like a bug. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Should I make a topic over in Bug Reports, or are you going to keep track of this internally?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Please make a quick bug report. I'm doing some quest flow stuff this weekend - will fix this at the same time if I can. Cheers. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

No problem :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

It seems hide NPC is working better than I thought. I was using it on NPCs generated within the Fighters Guild when it failed, but in other buildings they appear to hide properly. Probably just an issue with rapidly making them appear and disappear during the same instance.

Further testing shows me that attempting "hide npc" and "place foe" at the same time only places the foe. Looks like it still has a problem.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks Jay. I can confirm there are some limitations with "hide npc". I'm working on an improved setup for permanent NPCs, and will look at the "place foe"/"hide npc" combo as well. Not sure why these would have a conflict right now.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

The "start quest" quest action currently supports the main questline, S000###. Are there any future plans to expand it into starting all types of quests?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Yes, I have that in mind for start quest to also accept a full quest name. Will be easy to do, just haven't got there yet.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Have no rush, I'll be the first to tell you to take things easy and work as it comes naturally :)