Mummy wrapping quest - issues

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Hazelnut

Mummy wrapping quest - issues

Post by Hazelnut »

I got the quest from mages guild to get some fresh mummy wrappings.

Issues:
  • I had 2 mummy wrappings (from imported save) in inventory. When collecting the quest item it was combined with the stack essentially losing the quest item. I've already fixed this issue since it's to do with items (my thing) and will submit a PR.
  • I put the wrappings in wagon and re-did it, returning it got me a reward, but the quest wrappings remained in my inventory. This is to do with the quest logic so I'm just reporting it.
  • Not sure if this is a bug or not, but when dugeoneering I find that creatures will suddenly respawn, so I'll be going back through a 'cleared' portion and there are new spawns where the old corpses are. Sometimes they seem to make the wrong noises too. (bear sounding like a bat) Seems buggy.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Re: Mummy wrapping quest - issues

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for the fix on stacking issue.

The second one is a known problem, I'm not purging quest items when quest is tombstoned. I'll add this very shortly and create a small bit of load logic to clean out orphaned quest items when a game is loaded.

In some dungeons, enemies can end up with duplicate loadIDs and will respawn when you reload. Random enemies are most affected. I have a change in my pipeline ahead of 0.4 stable to fix this. It's to do with a "lean saves" optimisation choice I made early on (never optimise early, kids) that caused more problems that it solved.

Not sure about the monster sound issue, It's very likely related to above duplicate loadID issue.

Midknightprince

Re: Mummy wrapping quest - issues

Post by Midknightprince »

I think it's kinda funny when an ancient litch sounds like a bat.
But it definitely hits like a litch :lol:
Check out my YouTube Channel!