Daggerfall Unity 0.4.x - "DragonBreak" Update

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
CM August

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.4.x - "DragonBreak" Update

Post by CM August »

You're right, Akorithi was the missing part of the equation. Since the Missing Prince is still running, speaking with Akorithi will make her very angry, dropping your reputation with her by 20 points and "failing" the quest. What's more, the "info" action apparently doesn't count as an "action-click" - the only way to mod the reputation seemingly is to first click her with steal/grab/speak (functionally identical in this case) which cheeses her off and ends the quest anyway. So S.16 is never fulfilled even when rep is subsequently modded, and Sx017 is blocked from starting. D'oh! :P

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for the feedback. :)

I've just checked the various places where player can receive direct +rep with Akorithi, and it's basically Sx017. But you can easily lose rep with her in Sx001 as you found. Quite the catch 22.

This makes it very difficult/impossible to start Sx017 in Daggerfall Unity when starting from level 1 right now. Will need to review this soon.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

In the interim you should be able to restart main quest using console command "startquest s0000017". Let me know how you go. :)

CM August

Post by CM August »

That did it. Thanks, I had forgotten about that command, haha.

It's a bit of a strange quest all around though. I suppose this is less of a problem in vanilla Daggerfall, but even then it seems the "finished" quest could potentially linger in your journal (and the Prince's journal in your inventory) for several in-game months until your character reaches level 7. Feels like it could have used a little tidying up... but I digress. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

New Live Builds are now available for DragonBreak #90.
  • Allofich: Improvements to getting classic door lock value.
  • Allofich: Fix issue with Daggerfall castle doors relocking.
  • Allofich: Implement classic texture table selection. Dungeon texture textures should now match classic across all dungeons.
  • Fix for automap after teleporting from dungeon to dungeon from quest "teleport pc" action.
  • Migrate DaggerfallStats and DaggerfallSkills to a class as part of foundation work on spell system. This should function exactly as before, but good to have in tester's hands in case problems are found.
  • Change Sx001 "Missing Prince" end condition to accept minimum Akorithi rep of 0, down from 5. Player can still bomb quest by showing death certificate to Akorithi as intended, but this helps overcome a deadlock condition where player is unable to obtain rep to launch follow-up quest Sx017 "Wayrest Painting" at level 7. The quest Sx001 will remain active in quest machine until player reaches level 7 and follow-up is launched. Note: Any save games that already have Sx001 active will still be running from old script.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

The automap fix is working :D Thank you.

R.D., I have no idea how you do such in-depth work, but it's awesome to see this stuff get fixed. I was getting used to the dungeon textures as a "new game plus"/"alternate reality" kind of thing, but now everything's the way it should be. And I'm happy :P

Great stuff!

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

So 0.4 released, or not quite?
I'am confused a little bit :lol:

Feralwarlord

Post by Feralwarlord »

Biboran wrote:So 0.4 released, or not quite?
I'am confused a little bit :lol:
I'm pretty sure we're just going through bug fixes before 0.4 stable
EDIT: and testing can't forget testing. also there might be parts of the quest system that interkarma wants to work on before releasing 0.4 stable

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Yep, heading towards 0.4.x stable now. This release cycle is feature complete, but I want to catch bugs and build confidence before I'm happy to claim that mestone.

Then we can start breaking stuff all over again for 0.5. :)

CM August

Post by CM August »

Just blasted my way through Castle Wayrest to snag the painting. All's going well so far. A few notes:
  • It's great to see the sewers looking normal again. No black textures. Thanks again Allofich :)
  • Likewise for the notices when one is entering a "restricted" room. I suspect this change was what made me notice a very unusual room on the way to the Wayrest treasure vault. I couldn't properly read the pop-up text box because it ran off the screen, but I think it was something like a gruff Orc voice issuing a challenge. The room itself had a human combatant in it, along with a small pit (not shown on the map) which had intense z-flickering on the floor beside it. I presume these oddities were in vanilla too, but you never know...
  • The Wayrest painting flat itself is incorrectly half-buried in its pedestal.
  • Mousing over the painting in inventory glitches out the info box, and the info action doesn't work.
  • A read of UESP and the quest script suggests you can examine the painting more closely to witness an important plot point (message 1015 in script), but I can only get message 1013 to play.
Last edited by CM August on Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.