Daggerfall Unity 0.4.x - "DragonBreak" Update

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
CM August

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.4.x - "DragonBreak" Update

Post by CM August »

No problem. It's a pleasure to play for myself and see how for things have come. :)

For Sx001: You're correct that I've not yet reached level 7, so that explains things. I guess it was the continuing presence of the journal entry that threw me off - after handing in the quest for "Morgiah's Wedding," the journal entry is cleared even as the quest continues to run until it times out.

For Sx013: I've sent along a save via Gmail.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Awesome thank you. :)

Will try to squash this in my next session.

CM August

Post by CM August »

Just tracked down the werewolf in Sx007 "The Werebeast" and there were two of them occupying the same space, unable to move. Killing one progressed the quest as usual, however.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Was one of them a wereboar? Tipton made some changes to that quest from the original, adding some more flavour and an alternate path. They should have spawned to different markers though. Thanks for letting me know, I'll take another look at this one.

CM August

Post by CM August »

They were both werewolves, so Tipton's changes possibly weren't a factor in this case. If you need the relevant save or log file let me know. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

That would be awesome thanks. It sounds like something unusual, and might help me find whatever happened.

CM August

Post by CM August »

And sent. ;)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Cheers. :)

CM August

Post by CM August »

Actually, there may be something else you'd like to check. I looked up that alternative route provided by Tipton you mentioned - sure enough, the location is always Tristore Laboratory, I had killed a wereboar earlier in the dungeon, and it correlated to one of two locations you find the diary entries. Furthermore, I had already explored both rooms, and was surprised to find one of the diary entries in my inventory. I didn't remember picking it up.

I've since replayed the quest from the beginning a couple of times and refreshed my memory. In the room corresponding to Note 1 on the map (uesp) I encountered a wereboar - but there was no note to be found. In the second room I did indeed find a note on the floor, but clicking it (using, I think, steal mode) seemed to have no effect. In actuality it had been placed in my inventory even as it continued to sit there like any other non-interactive flat. I've since picked it up with grab mode on subsequent reloads, but only if that action is performed first. Clicking in other modes breaks something, seemingly.

Most importantly, despite numerous reloads (starting before accepting the quest), I've never managed to see a note in the first chamber, or a wereboar in the second.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Yep, Tipton's changes are a bit problematic.

I wouldn't worry it doesn't match the walkthrough in this case, I'm not considering the Tipton alternate version as official, just the originally intended goal of killing werewolf. I'm likely to revert script back to classic at some point.