Daggerfall Unity 0.4.x - "DragonBreak" Update

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
CM August

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.4.x - "DragonBreak" Update

Post by CM August »

I'd gotten a little confused there myself with what's official and what isn't. I wholeheartedly appreciate your efforts to keep things classic. A cleaned-up vanilla Daggerfall is precisely what excites me about this project. :)

robot_cousin

Post by robot_cousin »

Quick issue: When in Sentinel, and coming back DOWN the ramp that leads to the first room you're in, you apparently need to crouch in order to get through, as the PC entity seems to be a bit too tall.

I just pretend I bonk my head on it each time, and mutter, under my breath, "By the nine...."

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I beat you to it! :D viewtopic.php?f=24&t=772

robot_cousin

Post by robot_cousin »

Ah, thanks for letting me know, sorry for posting about it before checking (I actually wasn't sure where to even look)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

No big deal, it's all right ;)

CM August

Post by CM August »

Having a blast raiding Orsinium for the Emperor's letter. Found the prize in a timely fashion without needing a guide, even. :) (it was pure luck I happened to hop in that teleporting fountain)

Only one real snag - I can't grab all that tasty loot in the treasure rooms! Not sure of the real cause, but it's seemingly all of the unique loot flats I haven't seen elsewhere in the game that don't respond to my clicks. For example, literally nothing in the special treasure vault could be picked up except for a "common" looking pile in the center. Too bad.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

At this time those custom treasure flats aren't wired up to loot containers. I took note of this, but still haven't fixed sorry. :(

CM August

Post by CM August »

It's cool, glad you know about it.

I've been at level 7 for some time but the Missing Prince quest continues to run. Are there any more prerequisites I may have missed?

Just to let you know, wandering NPCs appear to ignore Castle Sentinel's stair geometry and clip right through it. Quite amusing :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

CM August wrote:I've been at level 7 for some time but the Missing Prince quest continues to run. Are there any more prerequisites I may have missed?
Not sure, let's review and you might be able to spot something broken. Here's the code to end Sx001 "Missing Prince". I've snipped out the unrelated stuff.

Code: Select all

_S.00_ task:
	toting deathCertificate and _lhotun_ clicked 
	repute with _akorithi_ exceeds 5 do _S.16_ 

_S.15_ task:
	level 7 completed 

variable _S.16_
_S.17_ task:
	when _S.16_ and _S.15_ 
	start quest 17 17 
	end quest 
There are 3 key parts:
  • You've found the death certificate and clicked Lhotun to complete task. This will fire S.00 (it should be green) and start the following line running "repute with _akorithi_ exceeds 5 do _S.16_". This will set S.16 green when reputation with Akorithi reaches 5+.
  • When you reach level 7, S.15 should become green.
  • When both S.16 (Akorithi rep) and S.15 (level 7) are green, then quest Sx017 "Wayrest Painting" should begin and Sx001 will end.
My feeling is that in your game S.15 will be green but S.16 is still inactive. Is that right from your debugger? You might just need a little Akorithi rep to get things moving. You can query your rep with Akorithi by ensuring debugger is open and info-clicking on her.

Because only simple reputation gain/loss has been implemented, I might have placed you in an unwinnable situation (which is good to know). You can at least use the console to hack up rep (action-click on Akorithi then use console "modnpcrep 5").

Let me know how you go!
CM August wrote: Just to let you know, wandering NPCs appear to ignore Castle Sentinel's stair geometry and clip right through it. Quite amusing :)
I've spotted this one too. I'm using an inverse of the automap for navgrid, which is almost perfect but doesn't block out those damn stairs. I need to do a pass on NPCs in 0.5 and will clean this up along with the drifting problem. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Just more on the above. When using "setmqstage 4", I gift the player the required Akorithi rep. But with the simple reputation model, I'm not sure you can earn this legitimately when starting from level 1.

I'll need to review this when I can, otherwise it's going to be a roadblock. Thanks again for the detailed testing. :)