Is it possible to spawn quest NPCs in particular areas.

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Interkarma

Re: Is it possible to spawn quest NPCs in particular areas.

Post by Interkarma »

I should probably add an alternate form for both. Not sure how I settled on "say" rather than "saying" tbh as the latter seems more common on other actions.

It's either classic uses a combination of both forms and I only implemented one variety - or just an oversight on my part (probably that).

RH666

Post by RH666 »

Nice, it works! :D

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Interkarma wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:09 am You can spawn an NPC to any building with a "quest" marker available. Small palaces should be fine and some of the main quests use them in this way. I don't remember guards being an issue in small palaces during normal daylight hours (when it's not considered breaking & entering).

For larger dungeon palaces (like Wayrest/Sentinel/Daggerfall) the guards are very much a problem the player has to overcome, which is also true for several main quests in classic. There's no easy way to overcome this. They're not linked to the quest system at all so you won't be able to use a quest-based item to pacify them. The usual approach is to use a combination of speed/thieving/combat skills to get around them.

Edit: If you're spawning foes via the quest system however, you should be able to pacify them with an item. That might an interesting mechanic for a quest. I believe one of the quests uses a bell to pacify a tiger this way.
What would be a good example to pacify an enemy?